Elwood Staffing Plainfield, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pay: $16.00 /hour
This is a great career opportunity! This is an Air Freight position.
Our client is a global third party logistics company that has been in business since 1937.
What's in it for you?
Elwood Staffing associates are eligible for a comprehensive and competitive benefits package plus an exclusive savings program, including:
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Rx plans
- Holiday Pay
- Teladoc (online care)
- Referral Bonus Incentive
- And More!
Shift: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm $16-$17 hr DOE
Air Import Details:
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation and distribution of import documents according to instructions from the direct supervisor (Team Leader or above). Ensure accuracy and compliance to instructions.
- Essential Duties:75% Preparation of import shipments and distribution of Export Documents 25% General business support function as assigned Technical
- Prepare import shipments for assigned customers.
- This may include customs clearance, shipping, labeling, and distribution of cargo.
- Generate delivery orders and shipping labels as needed.
- Prepare import documents for distribution to brokerage department and/or Customers’ Broker
- Coordinate pick up and delivery orders with trucking companies, airlines, steamship line and/or bonded facilities in order to obtain necessary information in order to process shipments in the best way.
- Filing and data entry.
- Issue freight bills and invoices to brokers and responsible for collecting unpaid invoices within credit term.
Air Import Qualifications:
Minimum Requirements, Education, and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate or significant or relevant or appropriate working experience.
- Some computer skills including data entry and maintenance and working
- Some knowledge of general and Import/Export Computer application technology desirable
- Some knowledge of international commerce (sales and payment term, method, customs regulations etc.) desirable
- Good verbal and written communication Skill
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule including weekends and holidays as necessary
- Behavioral Descriptors
- Good teamwork skills and inclination
- Good basic communications skill
- Patience – ability to deal with complex processes that may involve multiple levels of approval
- Applicant may be subject to a background check
- Pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition of employment
*A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed. You will be required to complete and submit a questionnaire. We will consider your age at the time of the offense, when the offense occurred, the seriousness and the nature of the offense, as well as any rehabilitation to determine your employability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrate diversity at all levels of our organization.
Visit, email, call, or text us today! Walk-ins are welcome! !
6080 Clarks Creek Rd, #101
Plainfield, IN 46168
*see above for qualifications
#IJ #ZR #FB
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Elwood Staffing