- Posted: 4 days ago
This position is responsible for managing subordinates and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of employees. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees under your management; planning, assigning and directing work; and addressing complaints and resolving issues
Elmington is comprised of multiple locations and lines of business that are operated as their own living, breathing corporation. They have income and expenses, debt and a bottom line - all of which we will look to you to help optimize through your role. Along with this responsibility comes a very high level of expectations. We are asking you to be an integral part of a multi-million dollar company. At Elmington, you will be pushed to Forget The Ordinary & Think Like an Owner. Every day.
To be an effective Elmington teammate, you will need to:
- Have a great attitude
- Have high expectations
- Think BEYOND the box
- Work with passion
- Have a tireless work ethic
- Be confident
- Be self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Take pride in your work
- Be a good listener
- Offer a solution with every problem
- Go above and beyond for everyone you support
- Communication Skills Ability to read, analyzes, and interpret contract documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients, subcontractors, and/or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability Use of basic reasoning, thinking "on your feet", and ability to resolve issues quickly with little or no direction from a superior.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations OSHA 30 Hour preferred. If not current, to receive within the first year of employment and keep current.
- Other Skills and Abilities Knowledge of all facets of ground up Commercial Construction/New Renovation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directs, coordinates, and exercises authority for planning, organizing, controlling, integrating, and completing assigned project.
- Directs activities of workers concerned with construction of buildings or other construction projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Provide logistics input and solutions for working in an urban location.
- Understanding and managing a hook time for a tower and crawler cranes for deliveries and construction activities.
- Manage logistics to facilitate jobsite deliveries and operations
- Provide jobsite leadership and direction on all scopes of work.
- Understand Project flow and coordination from reading plans and specification and provide direction from this understanding to all job site personell.
- Manage all jobsite field management personnel to effectively perform their job requirements.
- Establish profit/time objectives for Project Executive review/approval.
- Maintain client and designer relations.
- Plan and set up an efficient jobsite layout.
- Plan and establish the flow of the work activities on the project.
- Coordinate all field activities.
- Direct or aid in the development of an overall project schedule.
- Implement and lead interim scheduling meetings and address job problems arising from the meetings.
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, take measures to assure the project is progressing in accordance with the overall project schedule and contract time requirements.
- If required, arrange for and schedule inspections by government officials and consultants.
- Manage all field operations of subcontractors to effectively install their portion of the work.
- Maintain a working relationship with project subcontractors.
- Ascertain and assure the quality of the work is in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Maintain a clean, orderly jobsite.
- If required, prequalify and hire all field labor.
- Manage all field labor to accomplish designated tasks.
- Review and evaluate all subcontracts and vendor purchase orders prepared by the Project Manager.
- If required, review cost reports and projections and take action to effectively manage job costs to levels within the contract budget.
- Enforce jobsite safety to comply with all OSHA regulations and project Safety Program.
- Maintain daily logs to document all jobsite activities and events.
- Implement and maintain quality control and life safety checkout procedures.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in Building Science, Construction Management or Civil Engineering is preferred, but can be substituted with experience.
- Minimum of ten years related construction experience and/or training.
- Commercial Construction experience preferred.
- 11 paid holidays, 2 weeks of Paid Time Off your first year and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday.
- Insurance medical, dental, vision, life
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Prepare for your future with 401K.
- Long term & short term disability.
- Elmington Elevates participate in Elmington's way of giving back by serving our communities.
- Empowerment to Think Like an Owner and deliver results.
- The opportunity to Forget the Ordinary.
- Property growth from 700 units in 2014 to around 24,000 today.
- No ceiling to your career growth. It's up to you!
Are you ready to FTO?
Lastly, we're creating a different kind of company at Elmington. We promise we will never be ordinary (hopefully evidenced by this job description). There will be many days you simply aren't comfortable. You will be pushed to accomplish more than you ever thought possible. You will be challenged by your coach and peers to achieve more and to find a better ways. With that said, we know Elmington is not for everyone. BUT, if you believe in yourself, enjoy a challenge, and appreciate working with exceptional people, then Elmington could very well be the last company you ever work for.
The company will recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate its employees based upon factors such as work quality, behavior, training, and experience. In compliance with local, state, and federal laws, we provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, protected age category, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, military status, or physical or mental disability of any individual who is otherwise qualified.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?