Elmington Knoxville, TN
- Posted: over a month ago
At Elmington Property Management, we do things a little differently. We're not your ordinary property management group and pride ourselves on doing business with smarts while being unexpected. We thrive on showing investors, customers, and residents that property development & management doesn't have to be boring.
Our motto? Forget the Ordinary.
We are seeking an awesome Grounds Keeper!
As a Grounds Keeper you will report to a Community Director who will act as your team captain and carry out plays called by your Service Supervisor who will act as your leader. As in any athletic sport, as a key player on the team, your goal is to deliver an incredible game and win. At Elmington Property Management we strive for excellence in every endeavor, and our service to residents is a major part of that game plan.
Each Elmington community is its own living, breathing corporation. It has income and expenses, debt and a bottom line. As a Grounds Keeper you will be asked to enhance the curb appeal, ensure cleanliness and aid in the proper maintenance of the property while working with your Service Team to execute the strategy of the owner. You will be asked to assist in effectively managing the community's reputation, ensuring a clean, safe environment and working to provide a better than expected place to live while gaining the trust and respect of the residents. You will be asked to work with your Service Supervisor to find effective and creative solutions to manage expenses. You will impact the first impression our potential residents will have and you will provide ongoing service for current residents with your efforts providing them a home to be proud of.
Along with this responsibility comes a very high level of expectations. You are an integral part of a multi-million dollar company. You are the eyes and ears on your property with an impeccable attention to detail. At Elmington, you will be pushed to Forget The Ordinary & Think Like an Owner. Every day.
To be an effective Grounds Keeper at Elmington, you will need to:
- Have a great attitude
- Have high expectations
- Think BEYOND the box
- Work with passion
- Have a tireless work ethic
- Be self-motivated and self-starting
- Be confident
- Be a passionate worker with a positive personality
- Take pride in your work
- Be a good listener
- Offer a solution with every problem
- Go above and beyond for your residents
- Positively promote your community
Your Key Job Responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain cleanliness of grounds to include parking lot, buildings and all common areas
- Clean out vacated apartments
- Assist Service Team with service requests as needed
- Address issues with landscaping and snow/ice removal
- Communicate effectively with residents and coworkers even in difficult situations
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Operating computers and other technological devices to access email, and company utilized software
- Meet task deadlines as assigned
Essential Functions of Your Role Include, but are not limited to:
- Effective communication
- Maintain the physical condition of the property
- Utilize hand tools and power tools
- Pick up debris and remove other objects from the property
- Physically inspect the property in its entirety
- Responding to issues outside of normal work schedule when required
- Accurately reporting all time worked by clocking in before beginning to work and out only when done working
- Following all company policies and procedures
- 11 paid holidays, 2 weeks of Paid Time Off your first year and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday.
- Insurance medical, dental, vision, life
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Prepare for your future with 401K.
- Long term & short term disability.
- Elmington Elevates participate in Elmington's way of giving back by serving our communities.
- Empowerment to Think Like an Owner and deliver results.
- The opportunity to Forget the Ordinary.
- Property growth from 700 units in 2014 to almost 22,500 today.
- No ceiling to your career growth. It's up to you!
The Elmington Experience
We're creating a different kind of company at Elmington. We promise we will be never be ordinary, which we hope you can see by this job description. There will be many days you simply aren't comfortable. You will be pushed to accomplish more than you ever thought possible. You will be challenged by your team leader and your peers to achieve more and to find better ways. With that said, we know Elmington is not for everyone. BUT, if you believe in yourself, enjoy a challenge and appreciate working with exceptional people, then Elmington could very well be the last company you ever work for.
Are you ready to FTO? It's time to TLO!
The company will recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate its employees based upon factors such as work quality, behavior, training, and experience. In compliance with local, state, and federal laws, we provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, protected age category, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, military status, or physical or mental disability of any individual who is otherwise qualified.
Real EstateView all jobs at Elmington