Construction Project Manager
- Expired: March 26, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Construction Project Manager delivers projects according to their plans, schedules, budgets, quality expectations, selections, and specifications, with the right attitude, courtesy, and professionalism as it relates to their team, subcontractors, and customers.
Elmington is comprised of multiple locations and lines of business that are operated as their own living, breathing corporation. They have income and expenses, debt, and a bottom line - all of which we will look to you to help optimize through your role. Along with this responsibility comes a very high level of expectations. We are asking you to be an integral part of a multi-million dollar company. At Elmington, you will be pushed to Forget The Ordinary & Think Like an Owner. Every day.
To be an effective Elmington teammate, you will need to:
- Have a great attitude
- Have high expectations
- Think BEYOND the box
- Work with passion
- Have a tireless work ethic
- Be confident
- Be self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Take pride in your work
- Be a good listener
- Offer a solution with every problem
- Go above and beyond for everyone you support
- Reason & logic
- People skills
- Proven management ability
- Task focused
- Team encourager
- Schedule driven
- Servant natured
- Team oriented
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demands safe, OSHA-compliant work conditions
- Works with Superintendent to develop logistics planning for projects to facilitate safety, construction operations, material delivery, job site security, inclusion/protection/consideration of the public and local authorities
- Creates and manages job schedules, preconstruction reviews, approves all subcontractor payments
- Oversees the full scope of each assigned community, from site work through vertical construction
- Maintains job budgets and variance management
- Quality walk-throughs & Customer relations
- Initiates, organizes, and attends project meetings with appropriate members of the project team and ensure meeting agendas and minutes are produced and distributed to all necessary parties
- Ensures all contract files are set up properly, contract reporting is timely and accurate and no contract activity goes unbilled
- Provides client satisfaction during 1 year warranty period and all warranty-related issues
- Leads the efforts and documentation as required by the Elmington Construction Operations Manual
- Identifies, cultivates, and attracts new subcontractors and vendors as well as develops, maintains, and enhances relationships
- Demonstrates knowledge of subs in various trades and regions
- Prepares Bid Packages to Bidders, communicates packaging, pricing breakdown, alternates, etc. to bidders
- Issues bid invitations to subs/vendors
- Performs/manages document distribution
- Ensures complete inventory of documents, distributes plans, specifications, and all other pertinent documents to subcontractors, and ensures sub-information needs are met
- Addresses questions to architects/engineers for clarification
- Obtains and incorporates adequate costs in estimate to match contract terms and maximize profits (self-performed work, special conditions, labor burden, insurances, permits, bonds, taxes, licenses, contingency, fees, etc.)
- Analyzes / scopes subcontractor and vendor bids
- Verifies proper and complete scope, establishes consistency between bids to allow evaluation of apparent low bidder; coordinates scope with other trade packages
- Leads scope review with subcontractors and insures confirmation
- Ensures that all work scope items from scope review are included in the estimate and that the cost trail from bids to Bid Scope Worksheets to estimate is clear and correct
- Obtains all applicable Permits with local & state codes and authorities
- Develops and maintains the project plan by producing summary status reports, issuing monthly projections, and change orders, change proposals/pricing for both the owner and the subcontractor(s)
- Develops industry relationships and expands professional networks that have the potential to generate future sales opportunities
- Maintains the Job Cost Report, ledgers, and budget
- Oversees the work of assistant project managers and administrative positions
- Manages all submittal approvals, RFIs, RFP, CCDs, & PCOs
- Coordinates delivery of materials and supplies to job sites
- Performs additional duties as assigned
SPECIFIC EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
- S. Degree in a Construction related program is preferred, but not required if experience levels are high
- Minimum of 10 years related construction experience working in similar positions
- Proven track record as a team player and an effective manager
11 paid holidays, 2 weeks of Paid Time Off your first year, and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday.
- Insurance medical, dental, vision, life
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Prepare for your future with 401K.
- Long-term & short-term disability.
- Elmington Elevates participates in Elmington's way of giving back by serving our communities.
- Empowerment to Think Like an Owner and deliver results.
- The opportunity to Forget the Ordinary.
- Property growth from 700 units in 2014 to around 24,000 today.
- No ceiling to your career growth. It's up to you!
Are you ready to FTO?
Lastly, we're creating a different kind of company at Elmington. We promise we will never be ordinary (hopefully evidenced by this job description). There will be many days you simply aren't comfortable. You will be pushed to accomplish more than you ever thought possible. You will be challenged by your coach and peers to achieve more and to find a better ways. With that said, we know Elmington is not for everyone. BUT, if you believe in yourself, enjoy a challenge, and appreciate working with exceptional people, then Elmington could very well be the last company you ever work for.
The company will recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate its employees based upon factors such as work quality, behavior, training, and experience. In compliance with local, state, and federal laws, we provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, protected age category, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, military status, or physical or mental disability of any individual who is otherwise qualified.
ConstructionView all jobs at Elmington
Get fresh Construction Project Scheduler jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.