Med Tech Assisted Living (ALL SHIFTS) - Cariad at Village Creek
Elmington Senior Living Plano, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Elmington Senior Living is looking for a Med Tech at the Cariad at Village Creek location!
As the Med Tech you are responsible for providing medication assistance / administration and quality activities of daily living (ADLs) for our residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-Medication administration -Provides quality resident care as indicated on the care plan -Promotes resident independence -Provides assistance with housekeeping and laundry -Participates in community's Life Enrichment activities, events and outings, while encouraging residents to attend -Additional duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS of this position are generally as follows:
- This position does not require supervisory
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; minimum of 1 year of previous long-term care experience preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Reading Ability - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Written Communication - Able to write clearly and informatively.
- Verbal Communication - Able to talk to others to convey information
- Reasoning Ability - Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple written or oral
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Math Ability - Knowledge of basic
- Medicine - Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to treat human injuries, diseases, and This includes symptoms and preventive healthcare measures.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles for providing customer and personal This includes meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
- Organizational Support - Follows company policies and
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; advises for additional resources in needed.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Arrives to work/meetings on
- Dependability - Completes tasks accurately and on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.