Elmington Senior Living is looking for a Assisted Living Resident Assistant at their Cariad at Village Creek location!!
As a Resident Assistant you will provide personal care to residents in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort consistent with policies and procedures while complying with state, federal and all other applicable health care standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assists with the daily physical and hygienic care needs of residents as directed. These duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists residents with dressing and ensure that dependent residents are dressed in clean and dry clothing appropriate for season, in good repair, changing clothes/gowns when wet or soiled.
- Gives or assists resident with bathing and daily dental/mouth care.
- Assists residents with hair combing, brushing, shampooing, and styling.
- Keeps incontinent residents clean, dry, and odor free; maintain per community policy.
- Assists residents with bowel and bladder functions.
- Makes beds and changes bed linens when soiled.
- Assists residents in preparing for activity and social programs.
- Assists and accompany residents with travel if necessary.
- Prepares residents for meals, assists, serving food trays or feed residents, as necessary and record residents intake or acceptance of food, serve snacks or nourishments in between meals.
- Advises nurse of residents' status and condition at beginning and end of shift and documents observations as required.
- Maintains records and flow sheets accurately and timely.
- Observes and reports the presence of skin breakdown or redness to the nurse.
- Observes and reports any physical or emotional changes observed in the residents including any complaints or grievances made by the resident.
- Promotes a safe and clean environment.
- Assures that all equipment is clean and functional and reports any malfunctions to supervisor.
- Complies with requirements of procedures for safe lifting and/or transfer of residents per established policies and procedures.
- Washes hands before and after performing any service for the resident and follows infection control guidelines and universal precautions.
- Reports all hazardous conditions and equipment to a nurse immediately.
- Reviews care plans daily to ensure provision of appropriate care.
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident information and ensures resident privacy in accordance with HIPAA and community guidelines.
- Promotes and supports the greatest possible degree of independence for residents.
- Reports any issues or problems that may arise to the Nurse and/or Wellness Director.
- Complies with state, federal, and all other applicable health care and safety standards.
- Assists families and other visitors as needed.
- Attends/completes required in-services and other required meetings.
- Performs other duties as directed.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; minimum of 1 year of previous long-term care experience preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Reading Ability - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Written Communication - Able to write clearly and informatively.
- Verbal Communication - Able to talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Reasoning Ability - Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple written or oral instructions.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Math Ability - Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Medicine - Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms and preventive healthcare measures.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles for providing customer and personal services. This includes meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Organizational Support - Follows company policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; advises for additional resources in needed.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Arrives to work/meetings on time.
- Dependability - Completes tasks accurately and on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
COMPUTER SKILLS/EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Various medical equipment, including, but not limited to, blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, Accu-Checkmachine, thermometer, weight scales, etc.
- Insurance medical, dental, vision, life
- Empowerment to Think Like an Owner and deliver results.
- The opportunity to Forget the Ordinary.
- No ceiling to your career growth. It's up to you!
The Elmington Experience
We're creating a different kind of company at Elmington. We promise we will be never be ordinary, which we hope you can see by this job description. There will be many days you simply aren't comfortable. You will be pushed to accomplish more than you ever thought possible. You will be challenged by your team leader and your peers to achieve more and to find better ways. With that said, we know Elmington is not for everyone. BUT, if you believe in yourself, enjoy a challenge and appreciate working with exceptional people, then Elmington could very well be the last company you ever work for.
Are you ready to FTO? It's time to TLO!
The company will recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate its employees based upon factors such as work quality, behavior, training, and experience. In compliance with local, state, and federal laws, we provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, protected age category, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, military status, or physical or mental disability of any individual who is otherwise qualified.
Elmington Senior Living