Counselor Social Worker
Elmhurst Home, Inc. Detroit, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental, life insurance
POSITION: Quality Assurance Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Clinical Supervisor
SUMMARY OF MAJOR FUNCTIONS:
- The Counselor is responsible for providing high quality client care which includes skills in planning and documentation preparation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in orientation process of new clients
- Completes psycho-social evaluations of assigned clients in a timely manner, demonstrating good interviewing and assessment skills
- Completes Master Treatment plan and all paperwork pertaining to a new client
- Facilitates individual and group therapy sessions with assigned groups of clients demonstrating knowledge of chemical, co-dependence and the principles and techniques of group therapy.
- Completes and files documentation of counseling sessions in a timely manner
- Responsible for all case management services for clients
- Conducts educational and didactic group sessions, displaying good theoretical knowledge of subject matter and effective communication skills in delivering materials
- Participates as an active and cooperative member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Collaborates with appropriate clinical staff in planning for discharge and post discharge activities
- Participates in case conference, mid-treatment review, utilization review, and staff meetings
- Keeps abreast of the treatment progress and behavior of each assigned client
- Writes monthly progress reports regarding assigned clients for employers and other referral sources as required
- Provide coverage as required by program including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Supports and adheres to the rules and regulations of the Board of Directors
- Participates in scheduled in-services and other appropriate training activities
- Performs other duties as related to direct service activity.
- Work with probation / parole clients and their agents
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Work experience in the health, human services or behavioral sciences field, or current enrollment toward a degree in these fields.
- Preferred one year of substance abuse treatment experience.
- Documented successful completion and/or development plan of the Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor (CADC) or Certified Alcohol Advance Drug Counselor (CAADC) offered by the Michigan Certification Board of Addiction Professionals within 30 days of date of employment.
- Must possess a B.A. degree (from an institution accredited by one of the Regional Institutional Accrediting Agencies recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation and listed by the U.S. Government Office of Post-secondary Education) in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or Human Services, must achieve and continuously maintain CADC or CAADC credentialing or development plan. **M.A. preferred
- Applicants need FULL license; LMSWs are preferred
- If recovering, shall have at least (3) years of consistent, verifiable sobriety immediately prior to application. No active police warrants. May not be on probation or parole if position requires work with EHI criminal justice system contracts.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony for at least (2) years prior to application
- Must be able to pass LEIN check.