Elmet Technologies LLC Lewiston, ME
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Established in 1929, Elmet is a global manufacturer of high-performance metals and metal products. Our world-class facilities produce mill, machined, and fabricated products to our customers’ most exacting specifications from Elmet-manufactured refractory metals. Elmet services the high-temperature furnace, sapphire growth, semiconductor, flat panel display, medical imaging, medical device, aerospace, defense, and other markets. Elmet is ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified. For more information about Elmet, please visit us online at www.elmettechnologies.com.
Elmet Technologies is seeking an experienced Procurement Specialist to coordinate the purchasing, shipping, receiving and inventory activities throughout the supply chain. This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain. The successful candidate must be a successful communicator throughout all organizational levels both internally and externally to Elmet.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiates and executes purchase orders and contracts to support business needs
- Maintains measurable supplier performance metrics including supplier scorecards
- Develops and manages supplier relationships for continual improvement throughout the supply chain
- Manages supplier Non-Disclosure and material Supply Agreements for purchases of all raw materials, intermediate goods, finished goods, conversion services and service providers
- Coordinates and manages related purchasing activities surrounding:
- Sale of scrap metal
- Sale of used factory equipment
- Manages finished goods inventories for optimum efficiency including limited stock-outs, safety stock levels, inventory turns and fiscal accountability for the following:
- vendor managed inventory(VMI)
- vendor consignment
- spare parts
- raw materials
- factory consumables
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years progressive experience in procurement – preferably in a manufacturing environment
- International logistics experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb organizational and problem solving skills
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Most work conducted in an office or warehouse setting
- Must be able to stand, walk and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Routinely communicates face-to-face, via telephone and by computer.
- Must be able to hear, speak and see with close visual acuity
Powered by JazzHR
Elmet Technologies LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Elmet Technologies LLC