Manufacturing Engineer Manager
Elmet Technologies LLC Lewiston, ME
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Established in 1929, Elmet is a global manufacturer of high-performance metals and metal products. Our world-class facilities produce mill, machined, and fabricated products to our customers’ most exacting specifications from Elmet-manufactured refractory metals. Elmet services the high-temperature furnace, sapphire growth, semiconductor, flat panel display, medical imaging, medical device, aerospace, defense, and other markets. Elmet is ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified. For more information about Elmet, please visit us online at www.elmettechnologies.com.
Elmet Technologies is actively seeking an experienced and dynamic, technical oriented individual to lead and develop the expertise and operations of its engineering department. This position is accountable for effective leadership of the Manufacturing and Process Engineering team. Key responsibilities include production support, continuous process and quality improvement, trouble shooting and root cause analysis, process development for new products, modifications of existing equipment, and purchase of new equipment. The successful candidate will be able to communicate with all levels of the organization and lead the engineering team in delivering consistent, timely results. This is a player/coach position requiring a balance of strong technical and leadership skills.
- Lead and supervise the Manufacturing Engineering team. Provide technical support, guidance, coaching, and development to all engineers.
- Work proactively with the Operations team and all company functions to identify, develop, and prioritize engineering projects and initiatives in support of company objectives.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of manufacturing processes, tooling and production equipment, quality control standards, product design or materials.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Lead projects and mentor engineers in project management including the layout, installation, and integration of manufacturing equipment and processes. Ensure all engineering projects are completed on-time and on budget.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Determine root causes of failures using mathematical and analytical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Prepare manufacturing proposals and estimates for new products including equipment and tooling cost requirements, and manufacturing resources.
- Monitor and improve safety in manufacturing operations by addressing ergonomic and other safety concerns.
- Engage actively with engineers in hands-on equipment troubleshooting and process improvements.
- Guide engineers in the creation of applicable, detailed work instructions and manufacturing process documents that ensure safe and successful process execution.
- Support the factory floor by providing technical expertise, how to information, and hands-on problem analysis/solutions to operators and technicians.
- Interact with Supply Chain Management, Finance, and Production departments to make decisions regarding rework/repair of damaged materials or purchase of new materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree or equivalent related experience in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering strongly preferred; Master’s degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
- Due to Department of Defense contract work must meet ITAR hiring requirements (US citizen, permanent resident or refugee/asylee).
- Experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred, preferably with CNC machining and metal rolling and forming experience.
- Must be a strong, engaging, and energetic leader capable of driving proactive change.
- Must be a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Solid project management skills.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on a "hands-on" approach; ability to lead, coach, and develop a team.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing principles and practices preferred.
- Strong and persistent drive to deliver positive results.
- Must be detail-oriented.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Typical office demands.
- Must be able to speak, hear and see.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Routinely communicates face-to-face, via telephone and by computer.
- Must be able to walk a 1/4 mile without difficulty, bend, reach and lift 10 lbs. to shoulder height.
- Exposure to manufacturing conditions, which may include loud noise, variable temperatures, and dust.
Powered by JazzHR
Elmet Technologies LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Elmet Technologies LLC