Entry Level Metal Worker / Machine Operator
Elmet Technologies LLC Lewiston, ME
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you like working with your hands? How about making metal? If you would enjoy working with fire, creating or molding unique metals, then Elmet is the place for you!
We work with Refractory Metals - Unique metals with the highest melting points, which are used in highly technical applications, in industries like medical, aerospace, technology, and defense. We have a positive work environment and structured roles that you can come in and learn without a lot of experience - Just an interest in making things.
Give us a try!!
- Sets up mill for hot rolling of ingots, inserts ingots into electric furnace, assures proper furnace heats, removes ingots from furnace with tongs or other related equipment and passes ingots through rolls
- Ingots are repeatedly passed through rolls after re-heating in the electric furnace
- Changes roll clearance to conform to standard practices or as directed on order to obtain required product
- Responsible for starting up, shutting down, operating lubrication and set up of rolling mill
- Responsible for verifying of furnace temperatures to assure proper metal heats.
- Maintains records of production and records of inventories according to supervisor’s instructions.
- Helps to change rolls when needed
- Trims rolled material according to standard practice, or as directed, in order to get required size, shape or dimension or to prevent product loss
- Flattens product as required
- Keeps work area neat and orderly
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures and reports all accidents, hazards and equipment problems
- Performs other duties as required
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions
- Ability to use basic hand measuring tools
- Basic computer proficiency
- Good oral and written communication skills
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Must be able to handle up to 50 lbs independently and 54kg (118 lbs) with assistance
- Routinely operates/uses equipment, machines, and tools requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity
- Routinely communicates face-to-face
- Routinely performs duties in production floor environment
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees including bending, twisting, pulling and stopping
- Must be able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time or for an entire work shift
- Must be able to wear protective gear
- Typical manufacturing conditions: May include noise, dust, and/or heat
All benefits begin on date of hire. NO waiting period!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short & Long term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement plan with company match
- Vacations and Holidays.
Related keywords: machine operator, manufacturing
Powered by JazzHR
Elmet Technologies LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Elmet Technologies LLC