- Posted: over a month ago
The Automation Technician will work within the Operations division at Ellume. The primary responsibility of an Automation Technician is to ensure Ellume’s automated manufacturing equipment meets production targets and quality requirements. The role supports production through equipment and room setup, problem solving production issues, equipment calibration and maintenance and, where applicable, process/equipment development and improvements. The role is expected to communicate with suppliers, contractors and internal stakeholders. It is expected that an Automation Technician will follow prescribed documentation practices and comply with Ellume’s QMS policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Debug and resolve production issues on automated equipment (i.e., equipment stoppages and breakdowns) by investigating issues, analyzing data, identifying solutions, and implementing resolutions, liaising with Engineering and Production as required.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance and calibration on equipment in accordance with the outlined procedures. Where necessary, engage external suppliers or contractors to complete these tasks.
- Write and maintain technical documentation for manufacturing equipment in accordance with Ellume’s QMS.
- Support the purchase and introduction of equipment in line with production requirements.
- Liaise with Engineering and Production to develop and maintain wear parts and spare parts supplies for equipment.
- Seek, evaluate, analyze and support the implementation of process improvements to reduce cost and/or improve efficiency.
- Follow Workplace Health and Safety standards and Safe Work procedures when conducting tasks on equipment.
- Report hazards, incidents, and injuries in accordance with Ellume’s WHS procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Experience and Skills
- Experience troubleshooting issues with complex systems, working methodically through the fault-finding process.
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Able to independently assess situations and take appropriate action.
- Able to follow defined processes and procedures.
- Experience creating technical documentation (e.g. work instructions).
- Able to communicate respectfully in a clear and timely manner to other areas of the business.
- Proficient written English and documentation skills
- Proficient computer skills including using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience following Workplace Health and Safety standards and Safe Work procedures.
- Able to read electrical, pneumatic, and/or mechanical schematics/drawings
- Experience with industrial or automated manufacturing equipment (i.e. conveyors, robots, bowl feeders, tape and reel feeders, vision systems, flow wrappers).
- Experience with PLCs for debugging purposes.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing.
- Experience using maintenance & calibration records and schedules.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (medical device/ automotive/ defense industry).
- Experience working with a Quality Management System.
- Restricted electrical license.
Education and Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Tertiary technical or trade qualification.
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical role.
Quality and Safety
All Employees and Contractors are responsible and accountable for:
- Compliance with workplace policies for Quality and Safety,
- Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety.
- Active participation in activities associated with the management of quality.
Ellume U.S.A. is a proud subsidiary of Ellume Ltd. (based in Brisbane, Australia). We are a Health Technology company that develops and manufactures rapid and accurate digital diagnostics for U.S. medical practitioners and consumers. We achieve this by applying the working practices of our parent organization through the integration of next-generation diagnostics, reader technology and software. Our products are distinguished by their simplicity of use, rapid time to result and connectivity.
- Our Vision - A world where people return to health as soon as possible.
- Our Mission - Through the creation of simple, accurate diagnostic tools and through the linking of the results of those tools to the best treatment, we help people to get better sooner and enjoy their lives.
- Our Purpose - To create rapid, accurate diagnostic tools that link people to optimal therapy.
The Ellume Way
“Making things great” is one of our most important values at Ellume. We work hard every day to create products that will enhance the lives of people in our community, our country, and all over the world. Doing things great is not an option at Ellume. Working here means making a commitment to uphold the “Ellume Way”.
- Make it great – we care about great products and general execution. The best we can possibly create.
- We are candid – with ourselves and with each other. Sometimes these conversations are hard, and we deal with those conversations thoughtfully and respectfully.
- We are a team – we believe in, support, listen to and respect each other. Together we will achieve great things!
- We can think – we value quiet contemplation and flying ahead of the plane. Thought experiments are the best experiments of all.
- We have a bias for action – thoughts are not our aim. Our aim is great products and great execution which improve millions of lives.
- We are bold – we are open to new approaches, strategies, and processes. Innovation is in our DNA and together we believe we can do the impossible.
- We are ambitious for the company – through success of the company, we all succeed; our customers, our partners, our shareholders, our communities, and ourselves.
- We celebrate – individual and team successes at every opportunity.
- We are driven – to make the future better by inventing it to be so.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Ellume
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?