This position will play a key role in Ellume’s U.S. commercial team and leads the U.S. marketing strategy for the company’s point of care digital testing and self-swab collection technologies for common infectious diseases, including Influenza A and B, and more recently COVID 19.
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for shaping, executing and supporting external marketing and communications, with specific emphasis on digital communications, advertising and convention strategies to support the successful launch and market penetration of Ellume’s product line to healthcare professionals in the U.S. Ellume is seeking a highly motivated and creative marketing professional with 5 or more years’ marketing communications or marketing management experience.
The Marketing Communications Manager will develop, plan and execute effective marketing campaigns to develop brand awareness, communicate the value proposition and key messages, and support sales for Ellume’s products to physician offices, urgent care centers, pharmacies and other healthcare settings.
This position reports to Ellume’s Chief Business Officer, based in Valencia, CA USA; and is part of Ellume’s global marketing team under the supervision of the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Create and implement marketing, communication and branding strategies in alignment with the strategic goals and vision of the company and in consultation with the Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Business Officer.
- Lead the management of U.S. marketing strategy for Ellume’s digital testing and digital engagement applications for use by healthcare professionals in a point of care setting.
- Develop and implement effective advertising and convention strategies in consultation with Ellume’s Commercial Team.
- Manage effective marketing campaigns aimed at increasing brand awareness and driving sales to prospective customers, while ensuring brand-consistent content and messaging.
- Develop, plan and execute marketing campaigns, including but not limited to social media, email marketing campaigns, digital and print advertising, trade shows and conventions, physician presentations, and symposia.
- Undertake new product launches, including assisting with product positioning and targeting, development of marketing documents, such as internal and external training tools, product brochures, advertising, trade show banners, and other launch documents.
- Successfully manage effective trade show and convention campaigns to ensure maximum exposure of Ellume’s products to our target audience, including identifying appropriate conventions, and all planning and execution of Ellume’s trade booth and marketing activities at the convention.
- Identify appropriate advertising and social media channels for targeted campaigns, establishing an effective presence in online trade journals and social media sites.
- Support sales through development of marketing documents, including product brochures, technical guides, and internal and external training tools.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the company’s products and the competitive landscape, including product claims, product benefits and differentiators.
- Identify trends and insights and optimize strategies and spend based on these insights.
- Develop and maintain close business relations with customers and key opinion leaders to identify market trends and competitors and communicates these to leadership.
- Measures and reports performance of all marketing campaigns and assess against goals, including ROI and KPI’s.
Qualifications and Relevant Work Experience:
- 5 years’ work experience in marketing communications and/or marketing management
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business or Marketing
- Experience with print and digital advertising marketing
- Experience with convention and trade show marketing
- Previous experience working in the healthcare industry, preferred
- Comfortable operating in a rapid growth organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to be creative, flexible and innovative
- Experience in launching new products or services
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work/projects and align with organizational goals and objectives, and regularly report progress to appropriate stakeholders
Drive for Results
- Demonstrated ability to manage effective marketing campaigns to launch new products
- Proven ability to deliver against challenging goals in terms of speed and decision making
- Excellent project and deadline management skills
- Effective communicator both in written and oral forms
- Partner closely with internal departments, including sales, global marketing, and customer service
- Ability to effectively interact with internal staff and external partners
- Experience in social media platforms
- Experience in email marketing systems
- Understanding of industry trends, and able to develop customer insights and competitive intelligence
- Strong working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, email campaign systems and how to best leverage them for marketing programs
- Base salary with bonus
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Ellume USA provides a competitive compensation and benefits plan that includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision Plan
- 401(k) with company match