Work hard, be honest, ethical, trustworthy, and respectful of others. Our values and principles guide how we hire talent, treat our employees and serve our customers. Continuous growth for over 45 years! Here We Grow Again! An industry leading adhesive manufacturer / custom packager of adhesives & leader in pressure sensitive hot melt adhesives currently we have a PMF Lab Technician opportunity at KitPackers, located in Germantown, WI.
The PMF lab technician supports the operations of the PMF group through the blending and dispensing of PMF products. The employee will have responsibility for leading various PMF teams and ensuring that all steps in the process are completed correctly. The employee will accomplish this by performing the following duties.
· 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferably from a custom adhesive, chemical, paint manufacturing or liquid packaging/filling environment
· Associate’s Degree required
· Schedule: M-F 6:30am – 3:00pm
· Able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs.
· Basic math skills for measuring, counting and weighing is a must
· Effective reading and writing ability to interpret job paperwork, run jobs and record information
· Basic mechanical ability to work with hand tools to set up, adjust and disassemble equipment
· Must be self-directed, able work independently within the fast-paced production environment and comfortable performing repetitious tasks
· Detail oriented nature and precision is critical to ensure products adhere to designated quality standards
· Must be hardworking, punctual, dependable and work well with others
· Works responsibly and follow all safety and security procedures
· Willing to learn and grow within a successful, dynamic and expanding company
As an industry leader, we offer a competitive wage, 10% gainsharing plan, and a comprehensive benefit package which includes: Health, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Flexible Spending, 401(k), Employee Assistance, Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays, Wellness Program, Social Events, Community Involvement and much more!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Follows written instructions to prepare samples and formulations using chemicals and laboratory equipment.
· Able to perform the essential duties of a PMF Packager.
· Documents procedures and data in an approved format. Makes job specific observations and reports them to the group lead. Actively seeks guidance on jobs when deviations are noted.
· Proficient on all PMF equipment and filling techniques. Advanced product knowledge ability to troubleshoot and make adjustments as needed. Ability to perform required checks and sign offs on PMF products.
· Assist in the development of new work instructions and training. Provide leadership for the team.
· Tests formulations for properties such as viscosity, cure time, and hardness using standard laboratory procedures and instrumentation. Performs a limited variety of chemical tests as instructed.
· Supports the group with a positive and customer focused mindset. Manages time and workload based on priorities assigned by the lead and manager. Exhibits strong ability to multitask while delivering consistent and accurate results.
To apply, follow the link to our careers site to submit your Resume & Wage Expectations in response to this posting. Candidates who have not applied previously will be asked to register, create a username and password at http://careers.ellsworth.com.
Ellsworth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal access to programs, services and employment to all persons. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation for any part of our employment process, please follow the instructions on our Accessibility Accommodation for Applicants page of our Careers website.
Ellsworth Corporation is an industry leading global corporation, we specialize in the distribution, manufacturing and custom packaging of adhesives, specialty chemicals and dispensing equipment. We stand apart from the competition by going above and beyond high quality products. We offer expert assistance, valuable services, decades of experience, and a host of resources to ensure we're providing the best possible solution for our customers’ applications.