The University of Southern California's (USC's) Information Technology Services is seeking a talented Web Developer with an exceptional commitment to service excellence to join its team. As the Web Developer, you will be an integral member of the Enterprise Applications team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve multidimensional information technology problems, improve customer experience, and generate value for our campus stakeholders across a broad base of departments and constituencies.
THIS IS A FIXED-TERM POSITION WITH AN ANTICIPATED END DATE OF DECEMBER 20TH, 2020. This is a full-time role eligible for benefits including medical, dental and vision plans, a competitive 401K plan, and education reimbursement
ITS has embarked on a major digital transformation initiative to continually improve services for faculty, staff, and students in support of USC's ascent as a leading institution of higher education. The ITS vision aligns strategy, business, and services; affirms ITS cultural values; empowers cross-functional teamwork; embraces world-class best practices; and promotes innovation, excellence, agility, and efficiency. To achieve this vision, ITS is committed to providing a modern technology infrastructure that is resilient and delivers the performance necessary to meet the demands of a growing customer base, training in the latest technologies for its highly productive and motivated workforce, outstanding customer experience, and technology services that are aligned with the university's mission to provide exceptional learning opportunities for students. ITS is creating a workplace where employees can develop cutting-edge skills, take pride in the services they provide, and have access to the roles and career paths that align to their abilities and potential.
We are looking for top talent to join us on our journey.
USC's ITS organization represents a diverse and talented team, committed to supporting a collaborative culture and delivering secure and innovative IT services, core to the mission of USC. ITS values accountability, excellence, and commitment to exceptional customer experience. ITS strives for a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages employees to do their best work every day and where individuals are recognized and celebrated for their contributions.
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles-a global center for arts, technology, and international business.With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family-the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work-you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.
Come join the ITS team and work as a trusted partner in shaping an environment of innovation and excellence for the university.
The candidate for the position of Web Developer must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, etc., or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Two years of experience in a relevant field such as information technology, higher education, or related field.
- Foundational knowledge of the development and configuration of software solutions.
- Ability to understand and work with large, complex systems.
- Foundational understanding of security concepts and secure code development techniques.
- Experience writing test cases for new and existing code to ensure compatibility and stability.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and a strong rapport with team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide detailed information and summaries to peers and supervisors.
The ideal candidate for the position of Web Developer has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, etc.
- Four or more years of experience in a relevant field such as information technology, higher education, or related field.
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
The Web Developer:
- Codes and deploys applications in a cross-platform and cross-browser environment. Supports the test-driven development process through daily activities including mock and fake tests.
- Supports continuous improvement by adding to content management requirements via open source and headless content management systems such as Strapi and Squidex.
- Communicates and presents problem-solving rationale within a variety of settings and to diverse audiences. Works collaboratively with team members, stakeholders, and vendors to understand specifications and deliver features based on business requirements. Participates in the open and honest sharing of ideas and opinions. Shares timely information freely and openly across the organization. Readily seeks assistance and support.
- Supports the planning of projects and tasks. Contributes to the development and execution of best-in-class processes and procedures. Ensures alignment with the university's and ITS's goals and customer needs. Supports the university's compliance with security governance and policies by embedding standards, procedures, and quality measures into work plans and workflows. Communicates the identification of issues, bugs, and fixes. Produces high-quality deliverables.
- Leverages insights on customer pain points, challenges, and needs to provide customer-focused solutions. Supports the customer point of view when identifying priorities and presenting solutions. Builds and maintains effective customer relationships by providing timely follow-up and feedback. Handles customer requests and routes them to the appropriate party for tracking and resolution. Seeks to deliver quality solutions.
- Participates in innovation and continuous improvement by leveraging the latest industry knowledge. Maintains currency with new technologies. Learns and adapts quickly to new situations and technologies. Continually develops skills, knowledge, and abilities. Takes the initiative to experiment with new ideas and technologies. Anticipates the impact of emerging technologies and makes recommendations for adjustments.
- Supports continuous improvement by developing new and revised software applications. Ensures code is maintainable and supportable. Develops quality code that performs