- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
EllisJordan Consulting is conducting a search for an Executive Assistant to the President for a non-profit organization located in Washington, DC. The Executive Assistant will support the president as an extension of his office and assist with preparing meeting agendas, board presentations, managing travel arrangements, and coordinating with staff members. This position requires strong attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and efficient organizational skills. The successful candidate will possess a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, the utmost professionalism, and ability to complete tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Provide administrative support to the President
- Screen and prioritize incoming calls, mail, emails, and manages access to the President
- Manage and maintain the President’s calendar, appointments, schedules meetings, coordinates arrangements for conference calls, and internal and external meetings
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements. Handle special events and special projects
- Responsible for meeting agendas, minutes, and follow-up for all staff meetings
- Provide end of week/upcoming week status reports
- Assist with development of presentation templates and working documents as needed
- Compose, edit, and deliver written correspondence on behalf of the President. Works closely with other team members on broader communications as needed
- Manage and maintain President’s personal documents and expense records
- Develop and/or maintain detailed records of Presidential communications, correspondence, and other records for organizational archives
- Provide assistance and support with budget coordination and follow up questions
- Provide direct support to business partners, clients, and associates as an information source with the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Perform additional responsibilities as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of five (5) years in an administrative support role, preferably supporting the CEO, President, or a Senior Executive
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills. Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Exceptional time management skills. Ability to effectively manage tasks with competing priorities and deadlines in a rapid-paced environment
- Ability to effectively manage calendars, schedule appointments, and attend meetings as directed
- Outstanding service orientation. Ability to build rapport with internal and external clients
- Self-directed and goal oriented. Ability to work effectively with limited direction and supervision
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills. Demonstrated ability to complete projects and assignments within required deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail. Strong follow up and follow through skills
- Professional presentation and demeanor
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and individual contributor
- An understanding of agriculture is a plus
- Ability to travel as needed for business events, board meetings and conventions
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline of organizational management, business administration, communications, agriculture, agribusiness, food, and (or) natural resources is highly desirable, not required
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Advanced knowledge in Outlook and MS office
- Experience in data management, web-based applications, and reporting using various software programs a plus
- Knowledge and experience with information technology systems
- Ability to learn and maintain financial recordkeeping software
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Attendance at occasional meetings outside of the office and in the greater DC area
- Occasional travel
- Occasional work outside standard business hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Physical ability to work on a computer at a desk for long periods
- Physical ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to Contact@EllisJordanConsulting.com.
Get fresh Executive Assistant To President jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.