We are a busy orthopaedic practice in Louisville, Kentucky looking to hire for an Certified Medical Assistant. The individual should be self motivated, enthusiastic, a team player, capable of multitasking, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Position Title: Certified Medical Assistant
Reports to: Clinical Supervisor
This position features:
-Generous pay and benefits including a 401k and profit sharing plan!
- Maintain good communication with staff and patients
- Disinfect physician/medical assistant work area, exam tables, and desks
- Escort patient to exam room/x-ray/scheduling
- Review and document patient drug allergies
- Prepare/gown patient for exam
- Review medical information forms for completion
- Ensure physician has required forms in chart
- Obtain and document vitals
- Prepare patient and assist physician with injections and aspirations
- Assist physician with minor office procedures
- Call in prescriptions per physician order; document in chart
- Clean and prepare exam rooms for next patient appointment
- Operating knowledge and daily maintenance of fax, printer, and copy machines
- Workable knowledge of electronic medical record systems (EMR)
- Proficient computer skills
- Retrieve phone messages, return phone calls, and chart documentation in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the team leader, administration, or physicians
- Experience with EMR
- High school graduate or GED.
- Medical Assistant Certification/License in accordance to state requirements and applicable regulations of jurisdiction.