Elliot Counseling Group is looking for a part-time Receptionist to join our team! Under the guidance of our office manager, this position will serve as the initial contact for customer service and support to clients, counselors, and office staff; in addition to performing various clerical duties which support the presentation and operation of the company. This position will work roughly 15-20 hours per week, with a focus on afternoons and evenings.
Our ideal candidate excels at organization, flexibility, initiative, and approachability. This is a customer service-focused role, and the Receptionist will be continuously interacting with clients, counselors, office staff, and vendors. In addition, they must be able to gracefully and simultaneously handle multiple tasks, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Handle and maintain client confidential information
- Answer multi-line phone and greet clients
- Open mail and deliver to appropriate individual, includes sending or receiving mail items
- Schedule, adjust, and cancel client appointments; update impacted schedules
- Follow up with clients when they fail to arrive for a scheduled appointment
- Checking and maintaining office availability for client sessions, and other meetings as requested
- Create daily room schedules for counselors
- Collect and enter client co-insurance, co-pay, and balances into InSync database
- Responsible for keeping balanced cash drawer
- Distribute first appointment paperwork to new clients; create and maintain client files
- When opening/ closing office, arm/disarm alarm system
- Maintain the office and ensure a pleasant and professional environment for clients- replenish water in lobby, refill ice bin, empty trash bins when full, tidying up waiting areas, restock paper towels, and watering plants
- Scan, copy, fax, or email documentation as requested
- Send or deliver phone, voicemail, or email messages to office staff recipients
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Experience with multi-phone line system
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to learn new software
- Experience with calendaring systems (e.g. Outlook or Google Calendar) and scheduling
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Possess knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Good organization skills
- Previous experience in healthcare or reception roles a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Elliott Counseling Group offers our part-time employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including PTO, a retirement plan, a telehealth services package, and more.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Elliott Counseling group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We work with all age groups, from pre-school-aged children (utilizing play therapy), through adolescence and adulthood, to elders.