Aircraft Mechanic - Paint
- Posted: 3 days ago
General Summary: With limited supervision apply acquired skills to assist in all phases of aircraft painting as required, inspect, remove, install, troubleshoot and repair airframe, engine and components. To ensure all parts removed from the aircraft are accounted for and stored properly. When assigned, participate in masking, stripping, sanding and preparing aircraft for paint.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform airframe inspections in accordance with customer, FAA and company requirements.
- Remove and reinstall flight controls and miscellaneous parts as necessary.
- Communicate progress with Paint Mechanic Crew Chief and/or other crew chiefs on a regular basis.
- Insure all work performed is inspected by an authorized repair station inspector.
- Insure all paperwork is completed on a daily basis in a concise and legible manner.
- Report any discrepancies noted to the Crew Chief as relates to company tooling/equipment.
- Responsible for locating inventory, and properly dispensing all incoming items by following established guidelines. Inventory parts as they are removed from the aircraft.
- Support Paint Department Technicians by ordering parts as needed, expediting orders, receiving parts, returning material, and dispensing parts.
- Learn, understand and follow the company work order and parts requisition process as written.
- Repair and calibrate shop equipment as assigned.
- Masking aircraft for stripper application.
- Applying, agitating and washing stripper off of aircraft.
- Hand cleaning and sanding in preparation for etch and alodine.
- Applying etch and alodine to aircraft and rinsing.
- Removing and reapplying seam seal as required.
- Masking and preparing aircraft for primer application.
- Sanding primer for topcoat application.
- Preparing aircraft for topcoat application.
- Masking, preparing and painting stripes as needed.
- De-masking aircraft.
- Polishing and detailing exterior paint.
- Ability to paint/prime overalls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Airframe and Power plant License
- Ability to attain & retain AOA badge or Airport requirements
- Effective time management
- Ability to work as a team member to accomplish production goals
- Quality oriented and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Complete steps in the G.P.M. on aircraft refurbishment process
- Occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs, rarely lifts up to 100 lbs
- Stands for long periods of time, with frequent sitting, bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping, and balancing
- Uses hands and arms to reach, grasp or pull, subjective to vibrations.
- Reads, writes, speaks and understands English fluently
- Visual acuity correctable to 20/20
- Works in precarious places, heights above six feet, noisy environments
- Ability to wear PPE
- Works with and exposure to toxic, caustic chemicals and fumes associated with aircraft repair & modifications.
- Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Occasional overnight and short notice travel
- Must be able to work various shifts and overtime as directed
- Some hand tools required
- Man-lift qualified
- Ability to understand and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a strong mechanical background
- In-depth knowledge of aircraft operating systems
- Knowledge of and experience with computers
- 5 plus years painting background
TravelView all jobs at Elliott Aviation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?