Aircraft Mechanic Crew Chief - Paint
- Posted: 17 days ago
Elliott Aviation, a leader in aircraft solutions, has an exciting opportunity for an Aviation Mechanic Crew Chief in the paint shop at their location at their headquarters in Moline, IL. Since 1936, Elliott Aviation has been a world-class provider of comprehensive and customer-focused solutions for business aviation. Our vision, building partnerships that last, applies to our employees as well as our customers. As a Paint Mechanic Crew Chief, you will play a key role in upholding the high standard of quality and customer service.
The crew chief is responsible for applying acquired skills to assist in all phases of aircraft painting as required, including inspection, removal, installation, and troubleshooting and repairing airframe, engine and components. They also ensure all parts removed from the aircraft are accounted for and stored properly.
Responsibilities of this job include:
- Perform airframe inspections in accordance with customer, FAA and company requirements.
- Remove and reinstall flight controls and miscellaneous parts as necessary.
- Communicate progress with Paint Manager and/or Shift Supervisor on a regular basis.
- Ensure all work performed is inspected by an authorized repair station inspector.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed on a daily basis in a concise and legible manner.
- Report any discrepancies noted to the Paint Shop Supervisor as relates to company tooling/equipment.
- Responsible for locating inventory, and properly dispensing all incoming items by following established guidelines. Inventory parts as they are removed from the aircraft.
- Support Paint Department Technicians by ordering parts as needed, expediting orders, receiving parts, returning material, and dispensing parts.
- Learn, understand and follow the company work order and parts requisition process as written.
- Repair and calibrate shop equipment as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Top candidates will possess:
- Effective time management
- Leadership skills
- Ability to understand and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to work as a team member to accomplish production goals
- Quality oriented and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Complete steps in the G.P.M. on aircraft refurbishment process
- Airframe and Power plant License
- Ability to attain & retain AOA badge or Airport requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a strong mechanical background
- In-depth knowledge of aircraft operating systems
- Knowledge of and experience with computers
- 5 plus years painting background
- Ability to wear PPE
- Works with and exposure to toxic, caustic chemicals and fumes associated with aircraft repair & modifications.
- Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Occasional overnight and short notice travel
- Must be able to work various shifts and overtime as directed.
- Some hand tools required.
TravelView all jobs at Elliott Aviation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?