QA Engineer (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are searching for a QA Engineer to join our internal software development team focused on ensuring the quality of our IntElligo platform. IntElligo is a proprietary platform which serves as a patient recruitment, eSource, clinical trial management and financial management solution for Elligo’s unique Goes Direct approach to clinical research.
The QA Engineer at Elligo is responsible for all testing and validation activities of software products used at Elligo. You will be successful if you have experience translating functional requirements and specifications into clear concise test cases, have good technical, analytical and problem-solving skills with a sense of urgency for delivering the highest quality products possible.
As part of the technology solutions team, you will participate in Agile software development and have the opportunity to wear multiple hats. We are a small, dynamic team that can adapt to changing business needs and deliver quality releases quickly.
This position is located in Austin, TX.
· Partner with the Engineering and Product Managers to create, execute and maintain test strategies, test cases and test plans to support our flagship platform.
· Identify, develop and improve regression, integration, end-to-end and security test suites to maintain quality at scale, including manual and automated tests.
· Provide testing guidance and direction to the engineering team.
· Execute tests in multiple environments as documented in test plans.
· Create test data sets which fully exercise data validation and end-to-end system functionality.
· Communicate quantitative and qualitative findings from test results to the product managers and engineering team.
· Play a critical part of the engineering team by ensuring that all quality goals are met for a system before releasing to production or for Elligo’s use.
· Estimate QA tasks effort for project’s timeline visibility.
· Identify, analyze, and document defects discovered during testing, including detailing bug replication/verification steps and determining overall impact to user
· Experience as a Quality Engineer in a web-based development environment.
· Write and execute SQL queries.
· Creative in finding ways to break web applications.
· Understanding of modern browsers and their differences.
· Experience testing APIs.
· Experience with Selenium/Java
· Proven record of analytical and troubleshooting skills driven by a logical, methodical approach.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience with JIRA is preferred.
· Experience with NoSQL databases is a plus.
· Background in healthcare or life sciences is a plus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Minimal (less than 10%) travel is required for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. More in-depth information can be found in SOP's, working guidelines, policies, etc.
Elligo is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Elligo are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Elligo will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. In addition, Elligo will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Elligo Health Research
TechnologyView all jobs at Elligo Health Research