Outpatient Mental Health Clinic Director
- Posted: over a month ago
- $110,000 to $130,000 Yearly
Clinic Director—Ellie Mental Health
The Clinic Director (CD) is responsible for the overall performance and operations of the clinic. The Clinic Director manages staff performance, hires and recruits clinical staff to meet staffing expectation and clinical revenue needs, provides all training and
ongoing developmental support, is accountable to meeting clinic’s fiscal goals, develops and sustains relationships with referral partners, and provides ongoing administrative and clinical oversight. The Clinic Director works collaboratively with their Franchise Owner.
- Master’s Degree or higher education in mental health discipline.
- Independently licensed with a Virginia issued clinical practice license (e.g., LISCW, LMFT, LPCC, LP).
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and executive skill sets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of state requirements regulating mental health practice.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and changing environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 applications, including Office Suite, Outlook, and Teams.
- Adept at learning and navigating Electronic Health Record systems.
Reporting & Supervision
- Clinic Director reports to Franchise Owner
- All clinic therapists report to Clinic Director.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Hiring, Training, and Staff Management
- Oversee the hiring process for all therapists at their clinic.
- Provide all training for clinic new hires, ensuring all required Ellie Mental Health clinical and operational policies and procedures are taught and followed.
- Assess ongoing development and training needs and conduct ongoing training as needed.
- Hold staff compassionately accountable to meeting performance expectations.
- Manage staff performance, including implement Performance Coaching, Performance Improvement Plans, and termination process as needed.
- Manage basic clinic Human Resource tasks
Supervision and Consultation
- Minimum interval for licensed provider: One hour once monthly
- Minimum interval for unlicensed provider: One hour twice monthly
- Oversee twice monthly peer consultation groups to ensure clinical excellence and align with best practices
- Provide clinical oversight to clinic’s Mental Health Practitioners and Professionals, including signing clinical documentation for pre-licensed providers.
- Participate in CD Peer Consult Group.
- Conduct weekly consultations with CM (in clinics where role is applicable).
- Provide 1:1 consultation with all therapy staff to review productivity, caseload, and clinical documentation
- Provide training, staff development, and administrative oversight to support the functioning of the clinic.
- Collaborate with franchise owner and Ellie Mental Health corporate staff (as needed) to implement strategies for fiscal and clinical efficiency.
- Monitor and manage clinic office schedules and office supplies.
- Provide timely response to concerns raised by clients, clinicians, or external stakeholders.
- Serve as point of contact for building management related issues or concerns.
Clinic Outreach, Marketing, and Networking
- Spearhead clinic’s community outreach and engagement efforts, in collaboration with franchise owner and consistent with guidance from Ellie Corporate Outreach Team.
- Collaborate with Ellie Corporate Marketing Team to promote clinic’s online visibility.
- Collaborate with franchise owner and Ellie Corporate Team to implement all required policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities to improve client care, quality, and effectiveness, and implement changes in collaboration with franchise owner
What we have to offer:
- Monthly stipend towards Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability
- Paid CEU time
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Great company culture
About Ellie – Ellie Mental Health is a successful mental health corporation headquartered in Minnesota. Ellie has recently begun to franchise their model to local owners across the nation. The Ellie model focuses on flexibility, innovative decision-making, creativity, and putting our people first. We are motivated to be different than other mental health care providers. We believe providing a fantastic experience for providers is a critical link to better care and better outcomes in mental health. Ellie is structured to remove many of the daily obstacles that get in the way of providing world-class mental health services, including centralized support for inquiries, scheduling, client/therapist matching, insurance contracting, billing and collections. We want our practitioners to focus on what they love - serving clients!
Compensation: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
We hire people passionate about making change in the mental health community. We take a creative and collaborative approach to create change, while putting our team first.
We take care of our people. It’s that simple. From investing in their financial future, to providing wages that shatter the ceiling in our industry to reasonable caseload expectations we ensure that our people are happy. Happy employees do better work and provide better client care!
Ellie Mental Health
HealthcareView all jobs at Ellie Mental Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?