Do you want to make a difference in people's lives? Are you interested in health and alternative medicine? Do you like being part of a community of practitioners and patients? Are you business and marketing savvy?
Elkayam Center for Acupuncture & Integrative Medicine, conveniently located in El Cerrito near Trader Joe's is expanding and we are looking for a responsible and friendly front desk coordinator to grow with us.
You should have a passion for health and maintaining balance in your own life (a plus if you have experience in the areas of yoga, qigong, meditation, taichi, or martial arts). You must have experience working front desk at a health clinic or spa and understand the basics of business and marketing. You should have a professional appearance that represents the clinic as a first tier medical setting. And you should be able to commit to growing with us for at least the short term future.
This job is currently part-time, 1-2 shifts per week, (shifts available are Mon 11-6 pm and Wed 11-6 pm (total of 7-14 hours). Other days may be available and there will be additional hours soon as the clinic grows.
We encourage our patients to strive for work-life balance, and we want the same for our employees. This opportunity is perfect for someone with medical office experience who is interested in holistic health. Acupuncture students or moms returning to work are welcome.
Elkayam Center for Acupuncture & Integrative Medicine is devoted to helping people find balance in their lives and achieve optimum health through drug-free, natural methods. Patients receive acupuncture, herbal formulas and supplements, as well as dietary and lifestyle counseling. The Elkayam Center also focuses on functional medicine, integrating Eastern and Western approaches to healing.
We have many satisfied patients and are looking for someone who would like to be part of our community.
As the Front Desk Coordinator, your duties will include:
- Answering phones and greeting patient
- Using online system to bill insurance companies and working with our medical biller
- Scheduling appointments
- Ordering supplements and herbs
- Interviewing and giving tours to practitioners interested in renting space in the clinic
- Cleaning treatment rooms
- Responding to inquiry emails
- Processing weekly orders of herb/supplements/clinic supplies
- Receiving and stocking inventory
- Completing special projects
- High school diploma or higher
- At least 2 years of admin experience in a medical or spa setting
- Experiencing with insurance billing
- An understanding of the basics of marketing and business
- A professional appearance that represents the clinic as a first tier medical setting
- Excellent phone skills
- Comfortable with technology
- Ability to work with people
- Experience working in a medical or healing arts setting
Strong interest in natural health and healing
Job Type: Part-time, 7-14 hours/week with opportunity for additional hours.
• Applicant must submit 3 work references.
• The first 90 days of the job will be probationary to ensure that the candidate is qualified for the position.
Serious candidates, please respond to this posting with:
1) Cover letter explaining why you want to work in an acupuncture clinic, along with hourly salary requirements,
2) Your resume, and
3) List of references.