Account Manager, Elkay Interior Systems
Our goal at Elkay is to inspire everyday - customers, employees...and the employees of tomorrow. We focus on doing the right thing so we can be in business forever. Our values-driven culture emphasizes investing in people and treating them like part of the family. We're financially-stable and privately-owned with a solid reputation for ethics, integrity, giving back, and providing an engaging, inclusive environment where careers flourish and grow. Our people are proud to work for Elkay.
And the feeling is mutual - because it's Elkay's people who really give us our edge. We empower our employees to take the lead in delivering Elkay's exceptional customer experience. Our commitment to our people and their professional development is a recipe for success that has fueled our growth from a three-person shop in 1920 to one of today's leading international suppliers of plumbing, water delivery and branded commercial interiors. If you're ready for a new career challenge where everything you do will make a difference, talk to us about joining the Elkay family.
Elkay Interior Systems (EIS) is a global interior design and manufacturing company, offering an array of design, build, and installation services to the restaurant, retail, education, and hospitality markets. EIS simplifies the complicated. By leveraging insights gained from working with global brands, we cultivate environments that are dynamic and profitable, designing experiences customers will remember.
We are thinkers, designers, and builders, crafting extraordinary environments.
Join EIS, an Elkay Manufacturing company, and discover your next opportunity
Under the general guidance of Senior Account Manager, the Account Manager I collaborates with Sales or New Business Development Leads to transition new and potential accounts to house accounts. The position's primary duties include developing and growing accounts and client relationships through exceptional communication and service.
A Day in the Life:
- Collaborates with Customer to define key objectives, such as schedule milestones, service/scope expectations and budgetary price point
- Communicates with internal support team to ensure that customer expectations are known, and that the business unit is working to cohesively achieve those ends
- Develops a physical schedule in MS Excel or MS Project to efficiently communicate major customer milestones to respective internal and external customers
- Tracks and manages all opportunities (intake information, contracts, account information, milestone dates, etc.) in Salesforce
- Collaborates with Design and Operations partners to budget resources
- Demonstrates strong business acumen that directly correlates to strong profit margins. This includes communicating, tracking and seeking approval on contract amendments and change orders when applicable.
- Accountable for driving growth and/or profitability through optimum product assortment, scalable product/categories, and exceptional service and delivery.
- Recommends new products, modifications or existing products and deletion of obsolete items as is demanded by the customer
- Leads cross-functional teams to develop new product SKUs and pricing, as required by account
- Manages projects, particularly those that may be pilot projects or high-profile. This includes quote and pricing development within ERP system and delivery coordination.
- Maintains a consistent customer-experience that matches ElS's core values
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business Management, Operations, Communications or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in program or account management
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, SharePoint and Teams
- Experience with Salesforce is strongly preferred
- Experience with an ERP Systems is strongly preferred
- High degree of accountability to self, peers, and leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis on verbal communication skills
- High proficiency at interpreting data and information to identify and uncover issues, necessary changes, and opportunities. This may include satisfying any customer-driven reporting.
- Thrives in a deadline driven, challenging and fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, with a strong aptitude for scope change management
- Ability to proactively manage customer expectations
- Ability to foster partnership and engagement with cross functional teams
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills to resolve conflict and navigate complex situations