1st Shift Woodworker
- Posted: over a month ago
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE: Under the direction of the Seating Supervisor, the Wood Products Associate builds all wood components needed by the upholstery department, according to job travelers, ensuring the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specifications, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Cut and build all stock wood components needed by the upholstery department according to procedures, job travelers, and ensuring the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specifications.
- Check job travelers for correct counts and sizes.
- Build all stock components for the upholstery department.
- Use MES station to clock in and out of jobs, issue materials, and close jobs.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING/EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: Requires the use of safety glasses and shoes.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated ability to use a tape measure and to apply measurements to process
- Shows initiative and demonstrated ability to accurately complete assigned tasks while maintaining budgeted work hours assigned to projects, providing internal customers with high quality, with labeled / identified project component pieces
- Demonstrated ability to operate hand tools, in a safe and effective manner, DA Sander, hand drill, miter saw, skill saw, various drills, utility knife, etc.
- Demonstrated proper and accurate labeling of product
- Demonstrated ability to properly clock in and out of projects ensuring accurate costing
- Assemble and package booth with Supervision to ensure job is done correctly
- Read and understand job travelers and general department schedule
- Understands and able to perform construction for all types of upholstery components with supervision within a specified amount of time
- Demonstrated ability to accurately determine / prepare cut list for various projects
- Demonstrated ability to identify and locate necessary components to complete assigned task with supervision
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school or equivalent preferred. No experience required at this level. This level requires supervision from a supervisor or a lead individual.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, customer specifications, safety rules, and operating instructions. Ability to prepare standard documentation. Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization.
HEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Requires the ability to operate a variety of small hand and power tools, radial arm and table saws, sanders, lift equipment, trimmers, and routers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, or kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Elkay Interior Systems
AddressFond du Lac, WI
ManufacturingView all jobs at Elkay Interior Systems