2nd Shift Sewer/Upholstery Associate 1
- Expired: July 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are thinkers, designers, and builders crafting extraordinary environments. Are you ready to join us?
At Elkay Interior Systems (EIS), we work side by side, dare to reimagine the future of design and manufacturing, innovate nonstop, and put our people first.?Recognized globally for their creativity, craftsmanship, and talent, our people enrich every project and partnership they serve.
We provide a relaxed and flexible workspace inspired by our creative people. You'll play an essential role in keeping us at the forefront of global innovation and customer satisfaction. Join our thriving creative community where your ideas make a difference.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE: Under the direction of the Upholstery Supervisor, the Upholstery Associate obtains all required parts and assembles into a finished product, ensuring the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Will utilize an industrial sewing machine, handheld foam saw, hand held pneumatic stapler, industrial scissors, hammer, stapler remover, side cutters (pliers), ruler, hand held glue sprayer, pneumatic foam presses and steel cutting band saw (for upholstery).
- Read blueprints, Job orders & Bill of material requirements in printed or electronic format to complete assigned tasks.
- Label jobs according to orders.
- Utilize staple gun, attach Velcro and some fabric skins
- Utilize glue spray gun and attach foam to wood
- Complete products with foam and Velcro
- Ensure product quality by storing and/or pallets in carts
- Check and evaluate finished product and store with work proper orders.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated ability to use a tape measure to apply measurements to processes
- Demonstrated ability to correctly fill out and consistently follow proper procedures for Stock Material Usage Forms.
- Shows initiative and demonstrated ability to accurately complete assigned tasks while maintaining budgeted work hours assigned to projects, providing internal customers with high quality, well labeled / identified project component pieces.
- Demonstrated ability to operate hand tools, in a safe and effect manner, DA Sander, hand drill, utility knife etc.
- Demonstrated proper and accurate labeling of product
- Demonstrated ability to properly clock in and out of projects ensuring accurate costing
- Demonstrated ability to cut fabric and form to specifications
- Demonstrated ability to assemble booth seat bottoms with assisted guidance
- Demonstrated ability to assemble booth backs with assisted guidance
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school or equivalent preferred. No experience required at this level. This level requires supervision from a supervisor or a lead individual.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, customer specifications, shop drawings, safety rules, and operating instructions. Ability to prepare standard documentation. Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Requires the ability to operate a variety of small hand and power tools, staple guns, electric saws, sewing machine, glue gun, and hammering.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet, humid conditions, outdoor weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING/EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: Requires the use of safety glasses and steel toe shoes.
Elkay Interior Systems In
AddressFond du Lac, WI
ManufacturingView all jobs at Elkay Interior Systems In