Are you looking for a non-profit organization that places client care above everything? We are a company that:
- Has talented, hardworking employees
- Is proud of its low turnover and long tenured employees
- Has encouraging, passionate, leadership
- Advocates for mental health issues
- Offers competitive benefits and pay
We are looking for a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor that can provide individual, group and family therapy for designated youth in Elk Hill’s residential programs
We need an employee that can float between our all residential locations in Charlottesville, Goochland, Bremo Bluff and Chesterfield locations. This person will be required to float between these locations, providing and supporting the residents with counseling as needed or required. Training will be provided.
If you decide to apply, we are hoping that you:
- A master’s degree in social work, psychology or counseling and a combination of two years professional experience with children. Must be a Licensed Mental Health Professional; If providing clinical supervision to LMHP-R/LMHP-Supervisee, must meet minimum board qualifications to provide supervision which consists of three years being licensed and having completed the two day supervision seminar requirement;
- A master’s degree in social work, psychology or counseling and a combination of one year professional experience with children. Must be board approved as license eligible and receive supervision from an LMHP
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) or CSAC-Eligible
*A degree in Human Services as defined by the Virginia Board of Professions. To see if your degree qualifies go here -- https://www.dhp.virginia.gov/counseling/guidelines/115-8.doc.
To learn more about Elk Hill and all it has to offer, visit our website at www.elkhill.org.
Elk Hill does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Job Type: Full-time