Coordinator, Special Education
- Posted: over a month ago
- $102,449 to $129,084 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Be the reason a child looks forward to coming to school every day! Elk Grove Unified School District (EGUSD) has an immediate opening for a Coordinator for Special Education. EGUSD’s mission and vision are to educate and empower all students. We seek team players fully committed to joining our cause.
Under the direction of the Director of Special Education/SELPA, the Coordinator for Special Education will:
- Plan, organize, control and direct the regionalized services to the development and implementation of education programs that prevent academic failure of students at risk through specific intervention models;
- Oversee and evaluate assigned special education programs;
- Train and supervise the performance of assigned personnel;
- Serve as a liaison between the special education department and the community.
- Coordinate special education programs for preschool students through age 22.
- Supervise placement procedures for students with special needs.
- Provide technical expertise, information and assistance to the Director of Special Education/SELPA regarding assigned functions; assist in the development of policies, procedures, and programs.
- Work collaboratively with site administrators to ensure special education services are implemented and established standards of expected student progress are achieved.
- Attend a variety of management meetings representing the special education programs.
- Provide consultation, support and technical assistance to site principals and District staff on all educational, program and legal matters relating to special education programs and student related services.
- Communicate with other administrators, personnel, and outside organizations to coordinate activities and programs, resolve issues and conflicts, and exchange information.
- Conduct regular meetings and trainings for special education staff.
- Collaborate in developing and implementing curriculum and staff development activities related to special education.
- Assist with supervision and evaluation of assigned special education staff in conjunction with site principals.
- Participate in budget development activities and monitor assigned budgets.
- Collaborate with federal, State and community agencies to provide education programs and special services for students needing special education or social/emotional services provided by regional teams.
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records and files related to assigned activities and personnel.
Devoted, compassionate, patient, resourceful. These four words describe qualities the Elk Grove Unified School District special education team exemplifies. We are seeking a Coordinator for Special Education who embodies these values and delights in helping students succeed. If this describes you, click the "Apply Now" button as you are the perfect candidate for this position!
Elk Grove Unified School DistrictWhy Work Here?
EGUSD celebrates and supports diversity in education. Our high-quality instruction connects and engages students to promote future success.
Elk Grove Unified School District is an award-winning district with a diverse student population. Our strength is in our diversity. We hire great candidates from many backgrounds. Safety and Security is one of the most diverse departments District-wide. If you share our enthusiasm for an equitable and safe learning environment, we would love to have you on our team.
9510 Elk Grove-Florin Rd. Elk GroveElk Grove, CA