Senior Systems Administrator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary job role of a Senior Network Engineer is to:
- Configure and install software, routers, servers and other network devices
- Design and deploy functional networks such as LAN, WLAN or WAN
- Monitor network performance, security, and integrity
Senior Network Engineer Job Description
We are hiring a Senior Network Engineer for developing, maintaining and troubleshooting our data networks. Our ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills along with a thorough knowledge of network architecture and administration. You will work with our team of engineers for optimizing the network usage, and for security and data protection of our networks.
Since this is a senior position, we will prefer candidates having solid background and experience in some related field. So, if you like to work in a challenging environment, and qualify the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- At least a Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields
- Past experience as a Network Administrator or Network Engineer, preferably in a senior position
- Experience of network administration and architecture
- Sound knowledge of coding languages for scripting such as Python, Perl
- Knowledge of communication protocols specifically routing protocols like BGP, OSPF as well as TCP/IP
- Sound knowledge about network security and control models
- Experience with network monitoring, diagnostics and analysis tools such as SolarWinds network tools
- Professionally certified in CCNP, CCDP or other relevant certifications
- Experience with network operating systems such as JUNOS and Cisco IOS
- Exceptional organizational, leadership and management skills
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to take quick decisions while working independently
- Configuring and installing software, routers, servers and other network devices
- Designing and deploying functional networks such as LAN, WLAN or WAN
- Monitoring network performance, security, and integrity
- Suggesting improvements to network capacity, performance, and scalability
- Maintaining technical documentation and mentoring team on technical issues
- Creating, overseeing and testing security measures such as disaster recovery and access authentication
- Identifying and resolving issues by troubleshooting local and cloud infrastructure
- Communicating with the network users as needed
Elite Technology Solutions, LLC.
2743 Bob Wallace Ave SW Suite CHuntsville, AL
Get fresh Senior Network Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.