- Expired: April 24, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Principal Engineer - North Carolina
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Our client provides engineering, survey and land services to the energy infrastructure marketplace. They provide a broad range of services critical to the initial phases of projects, right through completion and documentation. These services include: process, civil, mechanical, and I&E engineering, project management, survey and mapping, and Right-of-Way acquisition. We have expertise and experience in both long linear projects as well as single-site facilities. You will work with developers and operators of oil and gas pipelines and electric transmission lines.
The strength of our business is based on adherence to fundamental values:
Safety of the public, our employees and our clients; Advocacy for the interests of our clients; and The Integrity of our operations.
The staff consists of Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, and Survey Engineers, Designers, Drafters, Mappers and Photogrammetrists, Land Surveyors, Right-of-Way Acquisition Specialists, Safety Professionals, and the support staff necessary to deliver high-quality results in fast-paced project environments. Currently, we have offices in Massachusetts, Texas, Maine, West Virginia, Florida, Ohio, Connecticut, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Idaho, and Ontario. Our ownership team and staff have decades of experience serving the Energy Infrastructure marketplace and have helped develop significant pipeline and power line projects all over the country
Looking for a new career in the new year? We are seeking a Licensed Professional Engineer in support of the establishment of our North Carolina office. Successful candidates will have a passion for growth!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a robust professional network and ability to generate new energy infrastructure project opportunities. Engineering and production support will be supplemented by other offices.
- Leverage industry relationships to create business opportunities in electric transmission and distribution, gas transmission and distribution and other energy transition projects.
- Expand, develop, and maintain relationships with target clients in the Southeast.
- Serve as Principal in Charge of projects, both assigned and self-generated.
- Coordinate assigned activities with other job families.
- Manage the development and implementation goals, objectives, and policies of the Engineering Job Family.
- Work with the Human Resources Coordinator to hire new engineering talent and conduct performance reviews with existing employees.
- Manage the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for each assigned service area.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate assigned personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures; and guide less senior engineers towards licensure.
- Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the department budget; approve the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; approve expenditures and implement budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary.
- Identify, attend, and participate in industry conferences or seminars; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of relevant engineering disciplines.
- Participate in the development and execution of business development programs and initiatives.
- Ensure engineering team follows Company standards and procedures and lead the implementation of new standards when required
- Provide information, suggestions, advice and technical assistance to city, county and district officials and programs by answering questions, interpreting applicable laws and regulations and other entities to resolve problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Duties are performed in office and field settings.
- Office work may include prolonged seated tasks, extended keyboarding, and use of computer screens.
- Field settings may include work outdoors and on construction sites during all weather conditions.
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
- Flexibility is desired with the ability to work in North Carolina - specific locations discussed in the interview.
- Position may require travel (up to 20%); valid driver's license and acceptable DMV record required.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, use hands, reach, talk and hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to perform all key qualifications of an Engineer III.
- Consistently demonstrates high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity when applying engineering principles and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including email, technical reports, and proposals. The ability to make decisions and find alternative solutions to problems.
- Capacity to conduct and participate in meetings with senior management.
- Self-motivated with ambition for personal and professional development.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in engineering and substantial professional development required.
- Master's degree or PhD preferred.
- Five or more years of progressive engineering experience.
- Must possess and maintain a current Professional Engineer license in North Carolina.
- Meaningful operations or construction experience required.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Bonus Opportunity
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Long & Short Disability
- Paid Continuing Education
- Professional Development Program
Elite Recruiting Company
Get fresh Principal Programmer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.