With over 60 schools throughout the U.S., Canada, and Asia and poised for even further growth, Elite Prep is a premier test-prep and academic enrichment program that has been helping students realize their intellectual potential and educational goals since 1987. Instead of emphasizing gimmicky shortcuts and test-taking tricks, we focus on bolstering the student's fundamental academic skills.
Elite Prep San Francisco currently has immediate openings for a dynamic SAT MATH INSTRUCTOR who demonstrates a clear passion for teaching. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong command of algebra, algebra 2, geometry, trigonometry, set theory, data analysis, and word problems as they are utilized on the SAT. All instructors will be trained on how to teach the SAT. Position starts immediately. Must be available to teach on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as after school Tuesdays through Fridays.
1) A bachelor's degree from an accredited university; no college students, please
2) Background in math, science, or engineering
3) Graduate degree and/or teaching credential a plus but not required
4) 1+ years of classroom teaching or tutoring experience
5) Excellent communication and presentation skills in a classroom setting
6) Genuine concern for the students' education and well-being
7) Comfortable working with youths ages 13-17
1) Flexible, part-time schedule (8 to 20 hours a week) with a competitive salary
2) Paid training, lesson-planning, and office hours
3) Highly motivated students
4) Fun and personable staff in a friendly work environment
Pay is commensurate with experience, and expanded tutoring hours are available. All candidates will be required to take a 40-minute screening test as part of the interview process and conduct a teach-back during a mock classroom.