The ideal candidate must be efficient, organized, well-spoken and able to stay focused while multi-tasking. This position will take on a variety of roles and the ideal candidate must be able to adapt to any task. No job is too big or small. If you take pride in your work and do everything to the best of your abilities, even when nobody is watching, this is the job for you!
Operations Management Responsibilities (This is not meant to be an exhaustive list and merely indicates a general list of responsibilities.)
- Manage existing account base including soliciting orders, increasing revenue through recommending new strategies and products, and overseeing completion of order through delivery
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- Routing qualified opportunities to the appropriate outside sales representative for further development and closure
- Overall warehouse management include receiving shipments, picking orders, merchandising, packing shipments and loading trucks
We are looking for a talented Operations Manager that thrives in a fast paced environment. Must have a passion for and willingness to exceed goals and expectations.
What does an Operations Manager do?
An operations manager will play a fundamental role in balancing our existing customer base and maintaining a clean and operational warehouse. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls/emails per day to existing and perspective clients, working with vendors, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales. Additional, you must be able to manage the general operation of the warehouse, including everything from receiving and putting away product, to picking and packing shipments.
- Meet and communicate with walk-in customers
- Understand the needs and expectations of customers and provide relevant solutions
- Handle the traffic of customers and ensure proper attention to every customer
- Analyze the choices and financial capacities of every customer and suggest suitable products
- Offer different alternatives to customers in their preferred choice of product
- Explain the application and use of products and resolve customer queries
- Responsible to close sales deals and achieve customer satisfaction
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate outside sales representative for further development and closure
- Be an expert in the products and communicating their value and utility.
- Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
- Receive, inspect, document exceptions, and put away incoming shipments
- Complete damage claims, document appropriately and submit to the respective vendor
- Manage and verify inventory counts
- Pick orders using a warehouse scanner
- Prepare, pack, print shipping labels and prepare shipments for outgoing ground carriers
- Load internal trucks for the following days deliveries
- Proven inside sales experience (preferred)
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Lift, pull, and/or push at least 70lbs repeatedly
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Experience working with a CRM
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- BA/BS degree or equivalent (preferred)