Elite Line Services provides world class Maintenance Solutions under the umbrella of our parent company Daifuku, an international leader in the Manufacturing and Integration of Material Handling Equipment including conveyors, sorters, pickers and robotics.
We are partnering with Amazon and looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to lead the design, prototype, test and commissioning of order fulfillment automation equipment throughout the ELS Supported, North America Fulfillment Center (NAFC) network! This is a remote position based out of Charlotte, NC.
Please note that a Bachelor’s Degree is a minimum requirement and that this role requires heavy travel to Fulfillment Centers around the country.
- Work with customer System Engineers, Automation Engineering Managers, Launch Engineers, Operations Engineers, Software Development Engineers and Material Handling System (MHS) vendors to develop solutions to a variety of automation challenges such as high-speed package sortation, label application, barcode scanning, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) metrics and control view HMI.
- Provide technical leadership for large-scale control engineering projects, and coordinate control system design specifications and change management between internal teams and external vendors.
- Develop long-term migration/upgrade path for each core control system/module in the NAFC network to ensure supportability.
- Actively participate in the NAFC controls meetings and processes.
- Support control equipment commissioning and CSS training at new fulfillment center.
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer or related discipline, or an Associate Degree combined with 4+ years of related experience. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Rockwell automation solution architecture, including:
- Proven working experience in Allen Bradley (A&B) PAC ladder logic code development and troubleshooting using RSLogix 5000 software.
- Proven device level knowledge on A&B CompactLogix and ControlLogix processors, input/output modules, and EtherNet module.
- Working experience with Rockwell RSView and ICONICS is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of WMS/WCS API design methodology and Windows SQL Server based 2.5-tier client/server solution architecture.
- Working experience using QNX/Linux platforms is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in project development methodology, clear verbal and written communication skills, has the ability to handle daily activities in a dynamic environment and drive deliverables.
We strive to provide our clients with Best in Class Facility Maintenance Solutions. If you would like to be a part of a team bringing that service to one of the most recognizable companies in the world please Apply Now!
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.