General Laborer/MOT Lane Closure
- Posted: over a month ago
Elite Contracting Group, Inc. is a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization that has cultivated an environment where driven self-starters thrive in! At Elite, we offer a stimulating career path with many opportunities for advancement. Elite Contracting Group values each employee as a vital asset to our company’s ability to serve our clients. We are constantly searching for the best talent available to continue our exciting growth and deliver the best solutions to our clients.
Elite Contracting Group is looking for a General Laborer in our Virginia Beach, Virginia location to join one of the fastest-growing full-service security and resiliency solution integration companies in Virginia. The ideal candidate will perform a combination of skilled equipment operations, preventive maintenance, and manual labor tasks to maintain Virginia roadways. General Laborers will work under a Foreman/Crew Lead, setting detours, lane closures, and work zones, and perform various assigned duties. General Laborers may be assigned to work for any division at any time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Previous professional experience demonstrating a strong work ethic and motivation
- Ability to perform manual labor and use hand and power tools. such as trimmers and pole saws
- Ability to learn highway maintenance/construction practices and procedures, including interpreting and applying work zone safety and traffic controls
- Skill operating and maintaining light/medium/heavy-duty trucks and equipment.
- Ability to complete paperwork and maintain records.
- Ability to work in diverse conditions at various sites, including exposure to the outdoors, in the weather in all seasons, and insects
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Intermediate Work Zone Certification class completion a plus
- A valid driver’s license
- Previous experience working on roadways, including Management of Traffic (MOT) training and certification and/or a minimum of 1 year performing lane closures, is highly desired.
- Construction experience required
- Good balance and physical strength with the ability to lift, push and carry 50 – 70 pounds
- This position requires up to 50% travel.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, Life Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, and competitive pay.
Elite Contracting is an Equal Opportunity Employer by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. It is the intent of Elite Contracting employment and personnel practices to conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination
Elite Contracting Group ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Human Resources.
Elite Contracting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. Elite Contracting Group’s employment and personnel practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.
*Elite Contracting Group does not offer relocation on any of our positions
Powered by JazzHR
Elite Contracting Group
AddressVirginia Beach, VA
ConstructionView all jobs at Elite Contracting Group