Quality Assurance Technician
- Posted: 10 days ago
Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Position Classification: Non-Exempt - Hourly
This position is primarily responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) and to ensure that the customer’s expectations are met in an efficient manner.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education & Experience:
Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make certain that the QMS is established, implemented, maintained, and its effectiveness is continually improved.
- Responsible for maintaining records for internal quality audits, CAR/PAR program, and management review.
- Log and track all customer complaints for location and communicate on the status of complaints and/or corrective action requests.
- Monitor and measure product compliance to customer requirements to be sure customer’s expectations are met and daily duties are performed in a timely manner.
- Develop and facilitate the approval process of procedures and work instructions and other documentation to support the management system.
- Conduct or assist with training classes on various customer / QMS related topics.
- Communicate the quality policy to all people at the facility.
- Collect data and generate reports to maintain information board(s).
- Coordinate document and data control process and calibration program.
- Ensure that timely quality checks are performed per our quality plans.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and maintaining staff RAIL.
- Direct business communication with major customers
- Developing, testing, monitoring, and modifying processes for every defined cycle
- Planning, calculating, prioritizing, and coordinating quality testing activities
- Documenting entire cycle of planning and development of products
- Ensure GMP compliance with customers & industry regulatory requirements
- Make recommendations by notifying supervisor, to correct problems that could hinder a machine’s performance, reduce output, or affect quality.
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Maintain Kaizen improvement (cost savings implementation) log and establish priorities on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that each Kaizen event has a project leader, and that the project leader performs his/her duties as specified.
- Support Kaizen team’s project leader in organizing team members, establishing objective and action item list.
- Attend Kaizen team meetings to insure team is staying focused and on task.
- Provide training on Kaizen process to project leaders and ISO Training of hourly operators.
- Conform to all Quality/Safety Requirements and procedures.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping practices in production area.
- Practice proper safety techniques.
- Participate in the Continual Improvement Process for manufacturing and business processes.
- Record measurable cost reductions implemented and sustained on a monthly basis.
- Record and report on the number of sustained improvement events on a monthly basis (Reporting must include financial savings where applicable.)
- Waste reduction training and awareness.
- Be sure customer’s expectations are met and daily duties are performed in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 6 months of previous work experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, but not required for consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety - Observes all safety procedures and policies; Reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to work accurately from verbal and written instructions.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com
Elite Comfort Solutions, LLC
AddressFort Smith, AR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Elite Comfort Solutions, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?