The Production Supervisor supervises and coordinates the activities of production and operation workers in multiple departments. They are responsible for ensuring daily that all employees have the necessary tools to perform their jobs. Responsibilities include confirming all departments are communicating effectively about orders, monitoring work flow daily, and coordinating any variations from the production schedules.
• Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads.
• Data entry for production lines.
• Coordinates with other supervisors on daily schedule, workflow, personnel issues, etc.
• Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
• Review work throughout the work process and at completion, in order to ensure that it has been performed properly.
• Check specifications of materials loaded or unloaded against information contained in work orders.
• Inform designated employees or departments of items loaded, and problems encountered.
• Evaluate employee performance.
• Prepare and maintain work records and reports.
• Fills in for any area, employee, or department as needed.
• Process the orders in order to communicate material flow, and follow up on rush, sample or shortage orders.
• Check all equipment, tools, PPE to be sure all is in proper & safe condition.
• Ensure that workers are using personal protective equipment, complying with all safety policies and using safe work practices.
• Coordinates with the Human Resource Department and Plant Management to document infractions and discipline employees for poor performance, violation of safety practices, and other policy/rule violations, as necessary.
• Report changes in production that affect the essential job duties, minimum job requirements and possible safety hazards for jobs in areas of responsibility to the HR Department to ensure job descriptions and JSAs are kept current.
• Check quality of material coming into departments and monitor the status of various orders.
• Show operators how styles are to be fabricated and assist in the training of new employees in those operations.
• Expedite necessary orders through the plant.
• Assist in making sure all raw materials are ordered as needed.
• Relay any necessary information to plant personnel.
• Perform quality checks. All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education & Experience:
Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Possess strong knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· Aware of the principles and processes for providing customer service. Including meeting quality standards and evaluating customer satisfaction.
· Capable of understanding complicated written instructions, memoranda, orders
· Regular, skilled use of word processors and programs and able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the ability to find errors and correct them.
· Some general knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, usage, repair, and maintenance.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• College degree in related area.
• Previous work experience in a “Lean” manufacturing environment.
- Previous Foam cutting experience
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively present information and answer questions from managers, customers, sales force, etc.
- Ability to solve practical problems and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Ability to apply knowledge of general mathematics to necessary operations.
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation
- Ability to extract and compile a range of data from written sources, individuals, or multiple work orders
- Personal computer and software programs, including MS Excel, Order Entry and Microsoft Outlook.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety - Observes all safety procedures and policies; Reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to work accurately from verbal and written instructions.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer
Elite Comfort Solutions, LLC
Why Work Here?Elite Comfort Solutions LLC, a specialty foam platform with a network of 16 production facilities, develops and produces specialty foam and flexible polyurethane form for furniture, bedding, home furnishings, medical, packaging, and specialty applications. Please see our website at www.elitecomfortsolutions.com.
Making the world's best foam and bedding products can only happen with the world's best employees. Join our team!