Job Summary: The Customer Service Representative interacts directly with customer via telephone and e-mail regarding orders or credit requests for products and services. Will perform clerical and accounting duties of intermediate difficulty requiring analysis, accuracy and use of judgement. Will be responsible for investigations of customer complaints and problems. This position significantly impacts Elite Comfort Solutions’ ability to be competitive in the areas of sales, quality, delivery, cost and growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Responds to customer requests and questions regarding service, product, and account information and resolves customer complaints through analysis and follow-up.
- Uses the computer to access and update customer records including templates and pricing and keys in orders received by fax, phone, e-mail, etc.
- Develop processes and procedures for obtaining timely and accurate customer feedback.
- Manage the flow of shipping tickets; including copying and sending to the appropriate parties
- Investigates, issues RMA’s and handles the credits for merchandise returned by the customer
- Communicates orders with production control and the warehouse to help insure timely and accurate delivery, and follow up on orders shipped if requested by customer or sales force, including back orders
- Corresponds with sales, manufacturing and quality regarding issues with received customer complaints, inquiries, orders and concerns
- Act as back-up to production control clerk and cross training as required, to stay current.
- Participate and encourage participation in the Continuous Significant Improvement Quality Process and EFEC Program.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; bench-marking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; and establishing personal networks
- Monitor all internal systems for accuracy and compliance while insuring the disciplines necessary to achieve Company goals, strategic plans and expectations
- Requires integrity, independent action, originality, evaluation and judgment
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information and/or records
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education & Experience:
Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Certificate or A.A. from college or technical school; 1-2 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Above average ability to navigate through standard computer programs (Excel, Word, Microsoft Office, and Power Point,)
- Ability to grasp the functions, processes, and uses of the products being sold
- Skill in listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of the department
- Skill in communicating with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work effectively alone or in a team setting
- Ability to write routine correspondence and reports, and effectively present information and answer questions from managers, customers, sales force, etc.
- Ability to solve practical problems and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Familiarity with Lean and/or Six Sigma principles; with safety as a top priority