Job Title: Assistant Resort Manager
Employment Classification: Salaried/Exempt
Location: Marlin Bay Resort & Marina
Job Description Summary
The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership for the daily operations of the Front Office and Housekeeping Activities in accordance to the policies, standards of operations and guidelines established by the Marlin Bay Resort & Marina (“Resort”) and Elite Alliance Hospitality (“EAH”). In addition, this position will serve as the main point of contact for the Resort in the absence of the General Manager. The person assuming this responsibility must be able to promote, encourage, direct, manage and evaluate a level of service that exceeds the expectations of the Guests.
The needs to be fulfilled and the duties to be performed by the person holding this position require that the individual be “hands on”; therefore, the schedule will be set accordingly.
The objective of this position is to ensure Guest satisfaction, positive Employee morale, operational efficiency, increase revenues, profits and cost controls
This position is a very visible position. The person having this position must comply with EAH’s dress code policies, possess good communication skills, have the ability to resolve conflict and have a thorough understanding of policies, procedures and expectations.
Based upon fluctuating demands of the Resort and to exceed Guest expectations, it may be necessary for the Assistant Resort Manager to perform a multitude of different functions not specifically related to the position. Employee responsibilities and job descriptions are subject to review and revision.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and oral instruction;
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and adhere to dress code policies;
- Maintain a positive relationship with Employees and Guests;
- Ensure that service is professional, discreet and personalized;
- Responsible for reviewing, understanding and assisting Guest needs;
- Possess a thorough knowledge of all Resort services and amenities;
- Ensure that all Employees are delivering the highest standards of service;
- Maintain good, professional and accurate communication with Employees, Guests and Vendors;
- Ensure immediate response is given to all Guest comments and concerns and inform immediate supervisor about concerns and assist in implementing corrective measures when deemed necessary;
- Ensure each Guest is promptly recognized, greeted and assisted;
- Ensure proper follow-up and resolution of Guest concerns;
- Ensure all calls are answered in a courteous, professional and efficient manner;
- Promote and encourage Guest name recognition always;
- Maintain constant communication between all departments;
- Develop and implement of special projects;
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures;
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in good, safe working condition;
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in all work areas;
- Have a full comprehension of all regulations, contractual provisions and enforcement policies;
- Possess a thorough understanding of the Property Management Systems; and
- Attend all relevant meetings.
Specific Functions and Accountabilities:
- Monitor active front desk folio accounts, departed folios with outstanding balances;
- Ensure all folio accounts are settled in a timely manner;
- Adhere to all cash handling procedures during cash transactions;
- Ensure all charges are correctly entered on the Guest folio;
- Perform and review night audit responsibilities of all accounts to ensure completion, accuracy and communicate any financial concerns;
- Review reservations ensuring all relevant information, including contact information, credit card and deposit information is accurate;
- Review all voids, adjustments made to folios and/or offered to Guests;
- Reconcile daily credit card report;
- Ensure Guest folio balances do not exceed authorized limits;
- Assist Guests with vacation travel plans, reservation bookings, tee times, dinner reservations, errands and special requests;
- Review and record notes from HelloShift;
- Periodically review the Concierge’s email during shift to ensure messages are being addressed and responded to on a timely basis;
- Ensure pre-arrival (2 week), arrival and departure Guest correspondence is coordinated;
- Be available always while on duty to address Guests and operational concerns, problems or complaints;
- Ensure all check-ins and departures are handled in a friendly, professional and efficient manner;
- Prepare daily arrival and departure reports for distribution;
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of all reports and administrative work;
- Ensure that all keys and retail are secured, and inventories are documented;
- Document Guests issues, emergencies, incidents, maintenance or security needs, as well as summary of action taken;
- Ensure all residence keys and garage door remotes are returned by Guest from prior day departures;
- Follow up with Maintenance involving out of service Residences and work orders;
- Ensure that all Guest requests and relevant information is documented in notes in the Property Management Software and addressed in a timely manner;
- Record prospect information;
- Coordinate Lost and Found with the Front Desk and Housekeeping staff;
- Follow up with housekeeping on outstanding issues or requests;
- Communicate to housekeeping service needs;
- Ensure housekeeping statuses within the Property Management Software are accurate and updated daily;
- Be knowledgeable of residence and marina slip rental rates, promotions, discounts and Guest offerings;
- Provide occupancy report to all departments daily;
- Assist in administering reservation requests via internet, telephone and email; ensuring all information is received, e.g. number of party, special requests; completing the reservation checklist;
- Obtain deposits for marina slip bookings;
- Create and send Confirmation Letters for new bookings;
- Enter Food, Beverage and marina charges into PMS on to Guest folios; and
- Prepare departing Guest folios prior to departure.
Because of the fluctuating demands of the Resort’s operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks and duties as needed or as directed.
Reports Directly to: General Manager
Directly Supervises: Concierge, Housekeeping
Indirectly Supervises: Bartenders, Maintenance, Dockhands
Three years related management experience in hospitality, private club, food service industry and property management. Computer literate. Knowledgeable of local amenities, services, activities, etc. Current/valid driver’s license required.
Budget Control Responsibilities
Accounting procedures to include weekly labor forecast, inventory procedures, monthly financial forecast, annual budgeting procedures (payroll and other expenses), capital expenditures and month end analysis.
Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues. Ensure all Security policies and procedures are observed in areas such as computer security, keys, locks, inventory and Guest and Employee information.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals;
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of Employees and Guests;
- Maintain a good driving record.
- Ability to create documents in Excel and Word;
- Ability to understand other computer programs (i.e. Property Management System); and
- Ability to lead and manage all levels of Employees.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- The person having this responsibility may have to lift up to 50 lbs. daily;
- The person having this position may have to sit for five hours, stand and/or walk, push, kneel, bend, balance, squat, reach and stretch for five hours per day; and
- The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an Employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of the position.