Elior North America
Catering Sales Manager - Dining Events (Req #: 3444464)
High School/Secondary School Diploma or GED
September 13, 2019
55 Music Concourse Drive, Golden Gate Park, Constellation
San Francisco, CA, 94118, US
November 13, 2019
REPORTS TO: General Manager
The Director of Catering (DOC) is responsible for the successful development and growth of the catering department. Overall tasks and responsibilities will include supervision of the event planning process from inquiry through event execution. The DOC will be responsible for actively selling the venue and maintaining an excellent working relationship with the internal clients. The DOC will be responsible for the development and growth of event execution standards at property.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for all catering sales; external, internal, group tours / membership and executive level dining.
- Create annual sales budgets for each sales person and the company.
- Create sales packages to reflect the markets that we are selling to that reflect the company core menu offerings. Collaborate on the menu development with the corporate executive chef for SSE.
- Develop and maintain the sales process that defines expectations from inquiry through event execution, outlining clear goals for the sales person and event manager (if applicable) to ensure the highest level of guest experience.
- Responsible for the development of the catering contracts and proposal documents to ensure compliance with local laws and the master contractual agreement with the client and SSE standards.
- Ensure that all company budgeted goals are met or exceeded.
- Monitor event profitability to ensure that events are sold and executed according to company standards and budget.
- Create a post event analysis that ensures the successful execution of each event in all cost areas.
- Submit weekly pace reports to the company.
- Ensure that all event deposits, payments and invoicing accurately reflect the company policies and procedures.
- Supervise and train event managers (if applicable) to ensure the successful operation of each event.
- Schedule and allocate event managers (if applicable) for each event.
- Establish and maintain STARR standards of service and event execution through the development of the event managers and catering service staff.
- Oversee and supervise events at all locations of the property.
- Monitor staffing levels on each event to ensure proper service standards are achieved and profitability maintained according to budget.
- Hire, coach, counsel and conduct performance evaluations of staff.
- Develop, train and mentor staff and act as a resource to them, ensuring that SSE standards are met at all levels.
- Responsible for recommending or conducting disciplinary action, including termination as necessary according to HR company standards.
- Monitor staffing levels according to business demand.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings for sales and event planning.
- 2-6 years of experience overseeing high-volume food and beverage/catering operations either within a hotel, cultural institution or premier catering company
- 2+ years of proven experience selling profitable high-end catering events
- the ability to direct multiple levels of catering within a very dynamic environment
- proven track record of successfully managing financials and increasing sales
- excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- exceptionally articulate communication style
- strong food knowledge
- hardworking nature, hands-on approach and a passion for the business