Hey Dude Shoes is seeking an Operations Manager to join our leadership team. You will be in charge of providing inspired leadership for the operation of our warehouses, which involves making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures. You will also be assisting our Human Resources department with recruiting, when necessary, and help promote a company culture that encourages morale and performance.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in operations management (or a related field) and have prior experience in a management or leadership position. Successful candidates will also have a sharp business mind and proven success managing multiple departments toward maximum productivity. Additionally, you’ll display a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within your team. Your ultimate responsibility is to increase our operational efficiency.
- Provide inspired leadership for the organization.
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee warehouse efficiency
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
- Assist HR with recruiting when necessary.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
- Work with leadership team from Leads to Senior level management
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the CEO and HR dept to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations/vendors
- Support worker communication with the management team.
- Find ways to increase quality of customer service
- Other Misc. duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field.
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers and employees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Information technology skills
Key Skills and Competencies:
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
- influencing and leading
- delegation and negotiation
- conflict management
- stress tolerance
- team work