Human Resources Generalist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION SUMMARY: LOCATED IN THE CITY OF VERNON
The Human Resources Generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: safety, payroll, employee relations, training, employment recognition, affirmative action and employment equity program, benefits management. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the business needs.
· Process payroll. Train and hold department leaders accountable to timely review & approval of timecards as well as effective use of timekeeping software.
· Point of contact for agency personnel and representatives. To include, but not limited to process payroll for agency employees; coordinate with leadership to place agency orders; assist in orienting new agency employees; obtain and distribute conversion hours to leadership; coordinate with leadership to convert employees once conversion hours are met.
· Maintain employee personnel files.
· Data entry, organize, scan, label, and file HR documents.
· Maintain logs for Corrective Action, Traffic Control Logs, Paycheck Signature Acknowledgement, Attendance, Overtime, Meal Penalties, OSHA logs, Incident Reports, and any other HR related logs.
· Compile & maintain reports and spreadsheets for distribution, including but not limited to Overtime, Meal Penalties, Attendance, Safety.
· Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
· Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
· Work with Safety Engineer to assist employees/leadership in completing safety Accident Investigation Forms. Assist injured employees with nurse triage and clinic visits. Coordinate any flower arrangements and get well soon cards and send to injured employees.
· Participate in recruiting efforts, including but not limited to posting job ads, coordinating interviews, processing pre-employment transactions, sending/collecting information, orientation, and preparing new employee files.
· Coaches, counsels and guides managers with employee corrective actions.
· Coordinate internal and external employee training, to include but not limited to creating and/or collecting training plan/lesson; working with vendors for any needed translations to Spanish; printing material; preparing and posting/communicating training schedule; preparing the training room with needed supplies and materials to include computer/tv/projector; print, collect, and file training signature pages; audit signature pages to communicate to leadership employees who missed training; working with leaders to identify personnel training needs and leverage seminars and/or digital training platforms; conduct training.
Prepare, distribute, collect, and maintain 30-60-90-day introductory period evaluations for new
· employees and employees who transfer departments.
· Prepare and execute New Hire Packets and Termination Packets.
· Track Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k eligibility, build, distribute, collect, and process enrollment forms. Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and submits to AP for payment. Works with ADP to troubleshoot any enrollment issues.
· Coordinate events, including but not limited to birthdays, anniversaries, lunches, etc. Coordinate with leadership to celebrate employee life events, including but not limited to weddings, births, graduations. Coordinate with leadership to acknowledge and be present through life events, including but not limited to deaths, divorce, etc.
· Active leadership in employee appreciation committee. Motivate employees and leaders to contribute to the employee appreciation committee. Identify creative ways to acknowledge and celebrate employees.
· Abide by all company policies and procedures.
· Complete tasks, paperwork, and projects as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
· Problem Solving/Analysis.
· Time Management.
· Service Leadership.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Bachelors or Associates degree in Business Administration or HR preferred.
· 24 months experience in an administrative assistant role or combination of education and experience.
· Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· ADP TotalSource Proficiency.
· 10 key proficiency.
· Ability to analyze data and make recommendations.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one conversations with other employees in the organization.
· Ability to draft professional correspondence, including emails, memos, summaries, letters.
· Self-motivated and able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
· Attention to detail.
· Organizational and time management skills.
· Effective written skills including grammar.
· Effective verbal communication.
· Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgement.
· Ability to problem solve.
· Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
· Ability to read and interpret policies and procedures.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without accommodations.
· Office (Primary) and plant setting. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without accommodations.
· Sit, stand, and/or walk for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
· Requires ability to occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
· Perform tasks requiring reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, walking, talk, and hear.
· Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
· Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and focus.
· Ability to lift files, filing, and retrieving documents.
Self-Actualization is the fulfillment or realization of one’s own potential. We strongly believe that businesses exist to maximize people, not just profits.
• Feedback & Courage
Giving and receiving feedback effectively requires both courage and vulnerability. Feedback is a powerful tool that we use to see ourselves and grow.
• Transparency & Trust
Transparency builds trust. Trust is the belief and confidence in the integrity, reliability and fairness of a person or organization. Trust is the foundation of relationships and it is essential to high-performing teams.
• Excellence & Humility
Our business strategy is based on providing excellent service and we must have the humility necessary to recognize when we must improve.
Elias & Co. StaffingWhy Work Here?
Company with Values and Culture
We're the highest rated staffing company in California, with 5 branches, our newest branches in Riverside and Gardena, as well as the Mobile Office. We have vast experience and specialize in warehouse, manufacturing, assembly, and food industry labor. Our Values: • Self-Actualization Self-Actualization is the fulfillment or realization of one’s own potential. We strongly believe that businesses exist to maximize people, not just profits. • Feedback & Courage Giving and receiving feedback effectively requires both courage and vulnerability. Feedback is a powerful tool that we use to see ourselves and grow. • Transparency & Trust Transparency builds trust. Trust is the belief and confidence in the integrity, reliability and fairness of a person or organization. Trust is the foundation of relationships and it is essential to high-performing teams. • Excellence & Humility Our business strategy is based on providing excellent service and we must have the humility necessary to recognize when we must improve.
1425 W Artesia Blvd Unit 23 Gardena CA 90247Vernon, CA