• This position will work under the general guidance of the Plant Manager.
• Lead production team in the Production Dept, on regards Conveyors Machine Operators and Packing paper with General Labors
• Oversee job status, production deadlines, efficiency, workmanship and workload of production team.
• Provide recommendations in problem solving and continuous improvement.
• Conduct training of new employees and monitor progress.
• Conduct safety training and ensure proper PPE and safe practices and behaviors, Understand, follow and enforce all safety policies and procedures as well as Maintain clean and safe work area.
• Frequent audits for organization and cleanliness. Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise production teams in assembly packing operations.
• Read and interpret work orders, and reports in order to determine materials requirements and assembly packing instructions.
• Coordinate with manager and team to correct document discrepancies and gather missing information.
• Assign and explain machine operations and packing procedures or techniques to employees.
• Disassemble (split) finished product, prepare for shipping and assist in the shipping process as required.
• Assist customer, inspectors and field service as required.
• Report all unusual conditions to Plant Manager.
• Demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the Company Quality Management System by: o Taking accountability for the effectiveness of the quality management system;
o Ensuring that the quality policy and quality objectives are established for the quality management system and are compatible with the context and strategic direction of the organization;
o Promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking;
o Ensuring that the resources needed for the quality management system are available;
o Communicating the importance of effective quality management and of conforming to the quality management system requirements;
o Ensuring that the quality management system achieves its intended results;
o Supporting other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility.
• All duties assigned by your immediate supervisor and/or management.
• Responsible for understanding and executing Company goals and objectives while actively contributing to the cohesiveness of the team.
o High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
o 1-3 years wiring on paper conveyors and packing strongly preferred.
o 1-3 years management experience.
o 5-years in a fast paced manufacturing setting.
• Specialized knowledge
o computer savvy
o Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
o Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
o Able to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division calculations using whole numbers and fractions.
o Able to read a measuring tape to a 1/16” measurement.
o Able to read and understand documents written in standard English.
o Able to read and interpret documents such as bill of materials and receiving documents.
o Able to communicate with internal and external customers and complete routine reports.
o Able to use hand and portable power tools, fork lift, hand pallet jack, ladders, rolling tool boxes and parts carts, etc.
o Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagrammatic form.
o Able to balance several tasks at once.
• Professional Certification(s)
o Able to attain forklift and overhead crane certificate within (2) weeks of employment as required. Working Conditions Manufacturing area with dust, noise, moving machinery, heat, cold and humidity (not temperature controlled).
Physical Requirements Production position. Spends the majority of the work shift walking, bending and stooping. Generally requires clear vision at 20 inches or less for reading. Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist or lifting as required to carry supplies, tools and equipment throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling up to 50 lbs. with no assistance.