Our client, an award-winning office technology solutions provider, has an immediate need for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer.
Our candidate of choice will have Tier 3 experience w an advanced technical aptitude and strong client-facing communication skills.
- Resolve complex Windows & Linux server issues escalated engineering staff
- Responsible for the engineering and design of enterprise systems and services
- Break large complex systems into manageable subsystems and components, each of which can be managed by individuals or teams in a scalable manner.
- Collaborate with Developers, Systems Operations, and vendors as needed to solve integration challenges
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve issues escalated via the Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Mentor and assist in the management, testing, implementation, and deployment of new and existing technologies.
- Ensure that technical documentation is made available and maintained to effectively support and troubleshoot internal and customer related issues.
- Enhance or innovate more efficient tools, automation, and processes that will assist the team to more effectively solve customer related problems in a shorter time period.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required.
- Minimum four (7) years prior IT Support experience in a data center environment.
- Must have a valid and current MCSE: Core Infrastructure (and associated work experience)
- Must have a Cisco CCNP or similar networking certificate. (CCNA is not valid for this requirement)
- Must have a current VMware VCP or practical experience implementing and upgrading a VMWare Virtual Environment.
- Must have proven ability to write PowerShell scripts
- A B.S. in Computer Science is strongly preferred
- Must have practical, professional work experience in IT incident management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace, team-oriented, and dynamic environment
- Ability to mentor and assist junior technicians with troubleshooting processes
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Strong aptitude and the ability to pick up new technologies quickly, adapting to changes
- Professionalism, attention to detail and a positive, customer-focused attitude are imperative
- Must be available for on-call to assist with project deadlines, this may include occasional nights and weekends
- Must have an understanding of Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Strong understanding of Network/Server management and troubleshooting utilities
- Knowledge of Virtualization Platforms such as VMware, Hyper-V, or KVM/QEMU
- Experience with TCP/IP subnetting, network switching, and routing technologies
- Good understanding of Firewall and Security appliance setup and configuration in addition to Security Protocols such as IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / OpenVPN
Please apply today to be one of the first candidates considered for the role!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!