Our client, a global metals manufacturer, is seeking experienced Screw Machine Operator to come join their growing team in Nashville.
Our candidate of choice will be responsible for setting up and operating single or multiple spindle lathe type screw machines equipped with automatic indexing and feeding mechanisms to machine metal bar stock by performing the following duties.
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, number of parts to be machined, and tooling instructions such as cutting speeds, feed rates, depth of cuts and cutting tools to be used.
- Positions and secures specified collets, bushings and stock pushers onto stock feeding mechanism and loads bar stock into feeding mechanism.
- Installs and adjusts specified cams, gears and stops to control stock and tool movements at each station.
- Positions and secures tools in tool holders. Sets cutting speeds and feed rates.
- Moves controls to cycle machine through settings, stopping machine and adjusting tool positions and machine controls to allow for operating factors such as timing, clearance between moving parts, and chip removal.
- Starts machine, observes operation and inspects first run and sample workpiece to ensure machining conforms to specifications.
- Replaces worn tools. Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
- Machines nonmetallic materials.
- Performs duties in accordance with established work instructions and procedures to maintain compliance with the Quality Management System.
- Maintains good housekeeping AND participates in Lean Manufacturing Initiative.
- Maintains safety as #1 priority, abiding by company rules, operating machinery only when guards are in place, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE) when in the manufacturing area and maintaining a clean work environment.
- Reports any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the department Lead Person or Supervisor.
- Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent).
- Ability to read part drawings.
- Clean, organized, and multi-task capable.
- Team player, open to new ideas and team work, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value.
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Intermediate Math skills in geometric and trigonometric formulas a plus.
- Visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts with attention to detail.
- Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to grow with our company.
Please apply today for immediate consideration.
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!