Our client, a global metals manufacturer, is seeking experienced Press Operator to come join their growing team in Nashville.
Our candidate of choice will be responsible for setting up, maintaining, and performing minor maintenance on specific secondary equipment by performing the following duties.
- Set up machines to produce parts to specific dimensions, close tolerances and standards.
- Uses measuring devices as may be required to inspect parts.
- Runs machine to produce sample parts and submits these for First Article inspection.
- On automatic machines, run parts to ensure machine will run properly.
- Work from work orders, blue prints, schedules and layouts to determine sequence of operations.
- Must pay close attention to details included on the work order, blue prints, schedules and layouts to ensure proper routing of parts, accurate production of parts, timely completion of products, etc.
- Accept responsibility for returning tooling from previous set up in good condition to proper place.
- May train, guide or instruct operators.
- Aid in enforcing safety rules which includes setting the proper examples.
- May directly support a number of machine operators when not engaged in set up work.
- Perform required preventive maintenance.
- Recognize, repair or report any malfunction of machines.
- Assign operators to machines.
- Perform duties in accordance with established work instructions and procedures to maintain compliance with the Quality Management System.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Maintain safety as #1 priority, abiding by company rules, operating machinery only when guards are in place, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE) when in the manufacturing area and maintaining a clean work environment.
- Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent).
- Ability to read part drawings.
- Clean, organized, and multi-task capable.
- Team player, open to new ideas and team work, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value.
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Intermediate Math skills in geometric and trigonometric formulas a plus.
- Visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts with attention to detail.
- Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to grow with our company.
Please apply today for immediate consideration.
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!