Director of Finance
Elgen Staffing Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client, a prominent luxury apartment management organization throughout the Northeast, has an immediate need for an experienced Director of Finance to join our growing team in Englewood Cliffs.
Our candidate of choice will have an active CPA license with prior experience within the commercial real estate industry performing various types of tax returns.
- To assist the Controller in managing all accounting activity in the accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable departments.
- To report the financial activity of the company.
- Individual will be groomed over the next few years to take over the CFO position in this family run business.
- Immediate need is preparation of 1065 tax returns prepared by the company for its various investments. Experience with such is an essential requirement to be employed.
- Company has a well-seasoned executive accounting management staff including CFO, Controller and Assistant Controller. None of these positions will be eliminated over the next few years.
- Review work papers prepared by staff accountants before they are distributed as financial statements for managements review.
- Prepare and review all types of tax returns (Federal, State, Sales & Use and Business Privilege tax).
- Review and sign Accounts Payable checks.
- Follow up and trouble shoot any problems that arise in the accounting departments.
- Communicate and correspond with the outside auditors involved with our various entities.
- Be an assistant to the current Accounting Management and help out in any special projects that arise.
- Sign off on outgoing checks prepared by Accounts payable.
- Prepare and review year end Federal and State 1065 tax returns.
- Prepare annual budgets for the properties, reconciling depreciation between the federal and state tax returns, special tax audits from taxing authorities, and employee reviews.
- Active CPA license + BS Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years in public accounting, which is required for the CPA license.
- Tax experience in preparation of 1065’s in either public or private accounting in a tax department, would be required for an understanding of the tax schedules and laws
- Highly organized and be able to perform different duties at different times.
- The job encompasses all areas of accounting and the person needs to be experienced to be able to fulfill this job.
- Personable, outgoing, with the ability to interact well with both staff and clientele.
- Yearly CPE (Continuing Professional Education) to stay on top of the continually changing laws is a requirement to maintain the license.
Please apply today to be one of the first people considered for this position!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!Recruiter's Name: Savanah MartinRecruiter's Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now
AddressEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Elgen Staffing