- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client, a global leader in steel and metals manufacturing, has an immediate need for an experienced Accounting Manager to join their winning team in Minden.
Our candidate of choice will work with the Accounting team and the Vice President of Finance to leverage his/her skills and experience in finance, economics, and accounting to accomplish the strategic and tactical goals of the company. You will develop opportunities to review and improve financial management systems and business processes working with all areas within the company to provide successful results.
- Work as a member of the accounting team to create, communicate, and implement the company’s vision, mission, purpose, and overall direction.
- Provide leadership in process improvements both within the department and within the company.
- Develop, assist, and implement strategic projects and plans that support the company’s various initiatives.
- Assist with the plan to support corporate financial needs.
- Produce accurate financial statements and reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare financial statement analysis identifying trends, opportunities, and issues.
- Provide analysis of financial performance month to month and year to year across multiple years to identify trends and patterns (horizontal and vertical analysis, etc.). Look for comparable periods of performance and identify similarities and differences. Identify potential issues and work with the Vice President of Finance to develop solutions.
- Responsible for accurate accounting and finance practices that pass external audits.
- Manage department budget process developing models for reporting budgets as well as reporting to evaluate budget versus actual performance. Coordinate budget efforts with management team financial projection models.
- Work with management team to develop future financial projection models for use in planning.
- Manage cost analysis ensuring accurate costs are reflected in both the financials and in the ERP system.
- Maintain the general ledger structure with an appropriate chart of accounts that supports the business needs.
- Monitor, coach, develop, and grow employees.
- Define and develop the department structure while maintaining backup and controls and creating team and individual goals.
- Assist with development of business management systems and metrics that drive execution and results (performance) in accordance with the strategic plan and company needs.
- Identify areas of opportunity and lead continuous improvement projects to successful completion with benefits and value recognized for the company.
- Initiate emergency action plan to keep employees safe in the event of plan emergency.
- Process and approve timecards for and complete reviews of subordinates, set clear goals, and hold employees accountable.
- Update employees on new procedures and upcoming events.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual, and reliable attendance as set by the supervisor according to handbook guidelines consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Abide by all safety, quality, personnel, and other policies as applicable.
- Formal education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Experience: 6 years’ experience in manufacturing setting with 3-4 years management experience.
- Computer Skills: Must be able to use common office software systems. Highly proficient in Excel.
- Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Please apply today to be one of the first people considered for this position!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!Recruiter's Name: Savanah MartinRecruiter's Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Elgen Staffing