Senior Backend Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer on a remote basis who will work collaboratively with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers to set up, develop, and maintain an external-facing web portal to view data sets, access data catalogs, request compute resources, and manage data access controls for an enterprise data and analytics platform
- Building, iterating, and testing scalable, back-end APIs for web applications.
- Designing and developing data models to optimize data access for web applications.
- Participating in Agile processes including daily standups, demos, retrospectives, and sprint planning.
- Working closely with leadership to gather and implement business requirements.
- Working closely with designers and engineers to gather and implement product, front-end, and back-end requirements.
- Providing support, maintenance, and enhancements to the existing application.
- Collaborating with product managers, engineers, and QA on the team to communicate and clarify designs and requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in software application development, particularly in an agile development environment including but not limited to daily scrum, iteration reviews, Kanban/Lean, continuous integration and test-driven development.
- 3+ years of experience in AWS cloud data architecture.
- Experience with one of the major cloud service providers (AWS preferred)
- Experience with Node.js
- Deep understanding of APIs, and familiarity with JSON, Web APIs, REST APIs, JSON-RPC, XML-RPC, RESTful practices, and GraphQL
- Experience with Docker containerization and deployments
- Experience in relational and non-relational databases like SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or similar
- Experience with benchmarking, monitoring, and performance engineering applications with tools such as Grafana, Sentry, and Prometheus
- Knowledge of AuthN and AuthZ systems, including Active Directory, Okta, and AWS IAM Policies/Roles using attribute-based access controls
- Knowledge of automated end-to-end unit tests and testing platforms
- Strong documentation and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Git and AWS DevOps
- Strong verbal and nonverbal communication skills
AddressNew York, NY
Get fresh BACK END Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.