Elevation Marketing is a mid-sized, full-service B2B only marketing communications agency, located in Mesa, Arizona and San Francisco California. Our client roster includes 28 companies with revenues of over $1B annually and a variety of other small and medium sized companies. We are in growth mode and are adding to our team of outstanding, high-performing, highly-collaborative team members to keep up with our clients and their demands on us.
We’re looking for a seasoned Director of Market Research and Strategy for a B2B Marketing Agency who can utilize their B2B knowledge, research and planning skills to help extract unique insights from the brands we serve, its stake holders, and the competitive landscape around them. The goal is drive B2B business results for our clients.
This role will serve as an internal thought leader and have demonstrated success delivering market, audience, communications and business-related insights to marketing/client stakeholders. The role will focus on front-end client consultation, interpreting business objectives, designing appropriate research solutions, supervising external and internal project teams, ensuring accurate and insightful analysis and presenting “ah-ha” moments for Elevation’s clients and new business prospects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the execution of research studies both quantitative and qualitative including research screenings, positioning studies, ad testing, and other custom work.
- Advise outside partners, vendors, research companies, etc. on methodology, study and questionnaire design, and dynamics of how client customer behavior may affect responses
- Participate in discovery session and new business initiatives, asking the right questions to identify and understand business objectives, and scope research programs and methodology that will yield desired outcomes
- Manage research programs from end-to-end, including coordinating execution staff and overseeing creation of effective research reports, with a focus on managing measurement and social listening projects for clients in a variety of industries
- Provide strategic counsel to clients through all stages of the research process
- Identify insights, create narratives, and effectively communicate research results to drive strategy and enable clients to accomplish their business objectives
- Mentor and manage both direct and indirect reports to ensure that projects are completed – and employee expertise is being developed – effectively
- Working with Group Account Directors, VP of Strategy and other agency resources, translates market insights and research outputs into a strategic vision to promote change or action within our clients’ organizations
- Presents strategy and solution based B2B marketing plans to Client’s and executive stakeholders
- Adhere to project scope, schedule, and budget, often juggling responsibility for elements of multiple projects simultaneously requiring little to no direct supervision.
- Embrace thought-leadership by staying up-to-date on industry news, technology trends and
- Develop internal and external resources that will allow the agency to work on multiple strategic engagement at one time
- Partner with creative team, account team, project management, and other internal departments
Experience and Skill Sets
- 5-10+ years of experience in research and analytics, insights and/or strategy development, or consultation.
- The role requires for you to be fluent in primary and secondary research methodologies
- You also have demonstrated experience in applying your expertise in various types of client engagements, including:
- Media analysis
- Coverage reporting
- Communication performance measurement
- Landscape analysis and white space mapping
- Influencer identification and engagement strategy
- Trend analysis
- Risk mitigation and Crisis monitoring
- Corporate reputation and executive positioning Intelligence
- Brand positioning
- Additionally, you have demonstrated experience in:
- Relationship building, business development, and client communications
- Effective synthesis and communication of research insights
- Fluency in the language of marketing, public relations, branding, communications, and general business strategy
- Project management skills, including time and financial oversight
- Managing and mentoring direct and indirect reports
- Ability to present, communicate and yield unique B2B marketing insights at the CMO level of fortune 1000 brands
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in related field; advanced degree in marketing a plus
- Have outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Are able to present ideas clearly and concisely
Compensation and Benefits
Elevation strives to provide some of the best agency compensation and benefit packages in the great southwest. The job is located in Gilbert (just off the expressway) and less than one mile from over 50 restaurants. Our business is all about collaboration so we do not offer telecommuting at this time but we do offer flex hours depending on the position and clients plus two work from home days a month. Employees can start at any time between 7 AM and 9 AM and finish between 4 PM and 6 PM based on client demands and department structure. Elevation pays for 95% of employee’s life, health and long-term disability insurance. Elevation offers vision, dental and a variety of other benefits that an employee can purchase. The kitchen area is full of free snacks and beverages. Tuition reimbursement is available. The salary range for this position will vary depending on experience and skills outlined above.