Elevation Marketing is a mid-sized, full-service B2B only marketing communications agency, located in Gilbert, Arizona and San Francisco California. Our client roster includes over 30 companies with revenues of over $1B annually and a variety of other small and medium sized companies. We are adding to our team of outstanding, high-performing, ultra-driven, highly-collaborative team members to keep up with our client development demands. We’re looking for a Director of Client Development.
As part of a five-person sales and marketing team, the Sr. Director of Client Development will help drive new business and develop net new clients on the agency’s behalf.
- Follow up on inbound leads
- Connect with prospects until they are willing to engage in a sales conversation where you can bring knowledge of marketing in a consultative way to the table.
- Create and nurture relationships through phone calls, emails, face-to-face meetings and other networking techniques
- Network and call on potential clients through research, your own private network, cold calls, etc.
- Present Elevation’s capabilities presentation.
- Help put proposals together and pitch new business
- Close new business that has been pitched.
- Transition new clients to account services team.
KEY EXPERIENCE…..if you don’t have the experience below then you will not be considered.
Our most successful candidates are former agency owners or operators who no-longer want the responsibility of running an agency but enjoy the simplicity of business development. The other candidates who can prosper inside our culture are those who have a demonstrated track record developing new business inside a full-service marketing or advertising agency. The key is to be able to talk B2B marketing to prospective clients and to have a successful track record of closing new business.
- Work with management team and other key agency executives to help build relationships and pitch business
- Assists in the development and implementation of sales and marketing plans as needed.
- Maintains accurate records of sales activity
- Assists Account Team and Sales team in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Targeting: Able to target prospects who meet the agencies ideal client profile; able to walk away from prospects at any time during the process that are not good matches for Elevation.
- Closing Business: Hits new business goals as mutually set forth by management team
- Balance: Balances the need for individual and team success with the expense and opportunity costs associated with running an active agency
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Follow up on appointments set by our lead generation team and through inbound marketing efforts to help build your pipeline.
- Utilize your network and/or attend tradeshows and events, plus make warm and even cold calls if you desire to continue to develop your pipeline.
- Track relationships and activity in CRM
- Build a “pipeline” that can produce constant opportunities
- Learn and communicate capabilities presentation
- Seek to understand current and historic “case studies” and examples of work produced by the agency
- Work closely with the new business team to move the needle forward including our marketing team
- Integrate with other team members including PR, creative, strategy, digital design, account services and project management to drive client solutions
- Match client strategic marketing communication gaps with our B2B marcom expertise
About Our Values
Over time, we find that employees who live out our values, enjoy their experience and stay and prosper over a long period of time at Elevation. We try to live out the following values each and every day. We are not perfect but we try:
People: Each employee, partner and client deserves to reach their full potential.
Integrity: Honesty, truth-telling, and transparency must always exist.
Collaboration: Creating great marketing relies on each stakeholder to fully engage in the process without personal, professional or relational roadblocks.
Results: As individuals, we own our successes, the success of our fellow employees and the success of our clients.
Evolution: With purpose, as individuals and as an agency, we embrace tomorrow’s opportunities through continuous planning, self-assessment, training, learning, and activation.
Compensation and Benefits
Elevation strives to provide some of the best agency compensation and benefit packages in the great southwest. The job is in Gilbert, AZ (just off the Loop 202 expressway) and less than one mile from over 50 restaurants. Elevation pays for 95% of employee’s life, health and long-term disability insurance. Elevation offers vision, dental and a variety of other benefits that an employee can purchase. The kitchen area is full of free snacks and beverages. Tuition reimbursement is available. The salary range for this position will vary depending on experience and skills outlined above but is at the higher end of market rates for agency work in the Valley.