About the Job
Elevation Marketing is a mid-sized, full-service B2B only marketing communications agency, located in Gilbert, Arizona and San Francisco California. Our client roster includes 28 companies with revenues of over $1B annually and a variety of other small and medium sized companies. We are in growth mode and are adding to our team of outstanding, high-performing, ultra-driven, highly-collaborative teammembers to keep up with our clients and their demands on us.
Sound like you? Then read on.
We’re looking for a seasoned Account Director with agency experience. This position’s ultimate responsibility is to lead clients through their engagement with our agency while ensuring the alignment of marketing strategies with overall business goals for each client they serve. This encompasses providing strategic development and guidance, daily support and oversight for a number of accounts and account team.
The position will help lead, manage, plan, develop and execute marcom programs for national and international B2B clients. If you’re a motivated, strategic thinker with 8+ years of agency experience who is willing to bend-over-backwards to help our clients achieve their goals, please get in touch with us. You’ll find the work interesting, energizing and challenging.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and Drive Client Marketing Strategy– creating and driving an overall strategic, branding and positioning plan for clients
- Creating & Managing Ongoing Marketing Plans– creating, developing and driving an overall marketing plan for clients.
- Evaluation & Results Delivery– monitoring the success and making adjustments as necessary to meet the goals of the agreed upon plan or marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Review & Delivery of Agency Output– reviewing and authorizing final deliverables to client to ensure they are on brand, on strategy and on message.
- Client Satisfaction & Swift Problem Resolution– staying informed on all activities that are being performed on client accounts throughout the agency.
- Proposal Writing & Planning – leading and spearheading regular account planning meetings for clients, developing proposals, creating SOWs..
- In Account & New Business Growth– developing and sourcing in-account growth opportunities while leading and developing new business presentations. And helping support and/or lead new client opportunities as sourced by the business development team.
- Serve as proactive communication conduit between Managing Director of Account Services, Clients, Project Managers and VP of Strategy
- Work with clients to develop strategic and visionary ideas and plans
- Understand and ability to implement research and strategy in the B2B marketing eco-system and have the ability to apply it to client needs.
- Understand client specific needs to create effective marketing plans and programs
- Work with account manager and account executives to prepare project briefs/plan for internal and external teams
- Regular communication with clients and Elevation staff on project/account status
- Work directly with account managers and account executives managing a broad array of accounts.
- Evaluate marketing results and, make adjustments to the marketing plan to ensure targets are successfully met
- Share marketing results to team/company on a regular basis
- Involvement in regular account planning meetings, new business presentations
- Assist in the writing of new business proposals and strategy engagements
- Ensure client satisfaction and swift problem resolution
- Develop and regularly monitor overall account budgets
- Recommend and seek new business opportunities
- Develop in-account growth
- Independently make decisions based on company standards
- Seek and develop an internal mentor-based relationship to help train and guide employees
- Complete internal and external training modules as dictated by management
Experience and Skill Sets
- 8+ year’s of agency experience and/or B2B client side marketing experience with 5+ years of proven account leadership and client management skills
- Degree in marketing, advertising, journalism, communications or related field
- Ability to communicate and present with energy and certainty to clients, internal staff and the executive team
- Competence in independently initiating and executing both online and offline marcom efforts
- Problem solver with strong analytical and critical thinking skills who exercises good judgment
- Outgoing personality with ability to build, maintain and grow client relationships
- Excellent multi-tasker who is capable of delegating authority and tasks, with follow up
- Understanding of corporate dynamics in complex B2B channels
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be a self starter and learn quickly, thoroughly and in detail
- Expertise in the ability to lead and foster successful lines of communication
- Experience with Workamajig project management software is a plus
- Knowledge of marketing research and ability to provide tracking/reporting metrics for clients
- Must be able to react and adjust to change quickly environment
Compensation and Benefits
Elevation strives to provide some of the best agency compensation and benefit packages in the great southwest. The job is located in in Gilbert, Arizona (just off the expressway at the 202 and Gilbert Rd.) and less then one mile from over 50 restaurants. Our business is all about collaboration so we do not offer telecommuting at this time but we do offer some flex hours and a few work at home days a month depending on the position and clients. Employees can start at anytime between 7 AM and 9 AM and finish between 4 PM and 6 PM based on client demands and department structure. Elevation pays for 95% of employee’s life, health and long-term disability insurance. Elevation offers vision, dental and a variety of other benefits that an employee can purchase. The kitchen area is full of free snacks and beverages. Tuition reimbursement is available. The salary range for this position will vary depending on experience and skills outlined above.